My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Saturday, July 4, 2009

i'm still alive

I survived.
I won't say that I'm entirely comfortable but I'm not miserable either. I've finally figured how to keep the ice packs on my face with a scarf so that my hands are free to type.
Having bronchitis has made this process a little more difficult... with the coughing and stuff... but it's surprised me how easy it's been to keep the pain under control. They gave me vicodin, but for the most part, I've been able to deal with things with just tylenol and sleeping.
I don't have any bruising. The swelling isn't pretty but it's not hideous either.
I've just been laying around watching tv and sleeping.
So far, so good.
But how much would i love a good grilled burger with fresh onion? Mmmm!
I've been eating fruit smoothies and mashed potatoes and mushed (refried) beans.
And eskimo pies.
I'll think I'm going to be able to go to work on Monday, which is good. I was worried about having to miss work... if things keep on, then I'll be ok. My whole recuperative goal is to be well enough to work on Monday...
Hope you guys have a great 4th of July. It will be a quiet one for me!
Love and hugs1


Linda said...

Sounds as though things are going as well as they could be. I'll bet you'll be back at work Monday, no sweat. It's good to have this behind you, isn't it? Let's hope this helps your jaw pain. Happy 4th of July! - Linda

Dutch said...

I am happy to hear that you are doing so well.
Have a happy and safe 4th.

slj said...

Heather, I'm glad to hear that this hasn't been too bad for you.
Happy 4th..

Diana said...

Glad to hear you're feeling much better. It's just going to take time. You're doing the right thing keeping those ice packs on. You should be fine come Monday.

Try to enjoy your 4th!



Margaret said...

Glad the worst is behind you. Seems I remember a few years back when I had mine done, I had to take Motrin for over three weeks because I throbbed a little when I didn't...the whole experience wasn't so bad. Glad to hear yours is going that way as well.

Myra said...

Kudos to you for taking care of yourself first and foremost. Take it slow...maybe do a half day on Monday?? Just don't push too hard because you are feeling well enough to work.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you are recovering! Wow that is really quick to go back to work. No bruising on your face is amazing! At that rate you should be enjoying that burger by the weekend! Julie

LYN said...

both my kids had all 4 wisdom teeth out and bounced right back after a couple of days...they ate on about the 3rd day too..i think Ryan even managed a cheeseburger in very small bites...;-)

wishing you a speedy recovery...