My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Living With Pain / Just Your Average Tuesday

I want to do a detailed post explaining all the intricacies of my various and a sundry medical conditions because ...


  • some people are curious
  • it's helpful to me to record the progression of things
  • people search the internet for people who have similar conditions to their own


There are lots of diagnosis' involved with me. Unfortunately, today is not a day where I can dig that deep into things like that because today.... I AM IN PAIN. I never have a day without pain, ever, but I definitely have days where I am better able to function than other days. Today is one of the lowest functioning days. At this moment I am currently experiencing the following:


  • left sided migraine
  • left eye blurry and weak and running
  • excruciating pain in lower spine
  • muscle spasms shooting out from tender part of spine
  • it feels like there is a wire between the tender part of my spine going up to my left temple and every inch of my body along that imaginary wire is extremely sensitive 
  • hip pain on both sides, most painful on the left 
  • my lower belly hurts... this happens a lot when my spine hurts and the general consensus between gyn, primary care, pain doctor, radiologist is that there is nerve damage that wraps around me there
  • my left shoulder hurts as if someone has a knife into the joint
  • when I stand up I feel horribly dizzy and weak
  • every step shoots pain up along that imaginary wire so even just walking to the bathroom is miserable. 
  • light sensitivity
  • and as a result of the meds I feel really sleepy but also restless


Usually Tuesday is a big day for me. I pick Cosy up from her mom's when she wakes up and we spend the day running errands and getting Nana ready for date night. I do the usual girly things like taking a shower, shaving my legs (sometimes, sometimes I forget) shampooing, drying and flat ironing my hair... makeup, packing for two nights away from home... gathering whatever snacks and stuff I need to take down with me, load the car... meet my fella at his house after he gets off work and then we head to the ballpark for his softball game (or two- tonight is a double header). Depending on what time the ballgames are over, we may go to Twisted Taco for my favorite - ahi tuna on wonton tacos and his favorite - korean taco, ... yikes, I can't remember his other two tacos... then we run by Kroger to make sure we have a small something for breakfast the next morning AND THEN we go to his house, get tucked in and watch tv until midnight.

When I woke up with the migraine this morning ... initially it was one of those that make me spill my guts (and not in a chatty, girlfriend sort of way)... so I sent a text to Tasha letting her know that Nana is not up for Cosy Duty today and I set about doing the things that make me feel better... smeds, sleep, ice... I was going to just post a short little Facebook message describing my trials and tribulations but I thought this would be a good opportunity to explain for my blog readers what life is like when things aren't going well for me.

And now the dog is barking at some imaginary something. His face is covered in a blanket so it's not something he sees.

I am FULLY expecting that I'm going to stay in bed until noonish and then be 110% better. I'll get that shower, do the glam routine, handle my errands and make it down to the boyfriend's house in plenty of time to cheer his team on/spend two hours playing on my phone while he plays softball. So far I have never postponed date night because of illness... at least I don't think I have. And... bottom line, once I get to him, he does the driving, the toting... and I just have to be. He takes good care of me.  Stay tuned to see if I make it to date night!

1 comments:

monica said...

I hope you make it. I bet you did!!