My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Saturday, May 12, 2018

What I Ate Wednesday

When I began to consider blogging again, I tried to think of topics that would be interesting for my blog readers to see. I think my life can be pretty boring - or, at least I think other people would find my life boring. I AM NEVER BORED! I can always find ways to pass the time.... watching tv, Facebook, Instagram (I am addicted to Insta-stories!), working on my Italian. Yes, I'm still trying to learn Italian. I am still really bad at it but I keep trying.

At any rate... one topic that I thought might be fun to share with you is what I eat in a day. I wouldn't want to record what I eat EVERY day because then you will see how completely redundant my diet is, especially while in the midst of this dental work (see previous post here if you want to know what's going on in my mouth).  So I decided to pick one day a week to share with you what I've eaten in that one day. Since I typically spend Tuesday night through Thursday with my fella, Wednesday is probably the most diverse day of the week food wise for me.

I am not sure what day of the week I will post my "What I Ate" post because I like doing the Throw Back Thursday to look at old blog posts from that day in "history" or in my case, "HERstory". (lame joke, I know.) I can do the Throwback Thursday in advance so that I'm not ignoring my honey for the sake of the blog during the short time we have together. It worked out well for me this week to do sort of a free style, "what's on my mind" post for Friday, so I'm telling you what I ate Wednesday on... Saturday. It might be that way in the future or... who knows. We'll just see what happens. Ultimately... I could just call it, "What I Eat In A Day" but that's just too vague for me... and untrue because Wednesday is not typical for me.

Longest introduction ever. I hope my former teachers who read my blog (and anyone who cares about things like grammar and punctuation and appropriate paragraph structure) will forgive me for rambling. I've been battling a migraine most of the day and I'm feeling a little bit out of sync but I thought this would be an easy blog post to put together since I'm just listing food. I didn't take into consideration the thousand word disclaimer I would impose on myself first. *eyeroll*

Do you want to know what I ate Wednesday? Here's the story:

We slept in a little on Wednesday (since it's his "weekend" and we had a late ball game the night before) so we ate breakfast around 10am. I am absolutely addicted to the chobani flip yogurts... greek yogurt with add-ins. My favorite is almond coco-loco... a coconut yogurt with dark chocolate pieces and sliced almonds to mix in. For me... if a little is good, a lot is better so I add in additional chips (right now I'm using salted caramel morsels but I also have used semi-sweet chocolate chips) and additional sliced almonds. I make it a really chunky yogurt so it's filling. On Wednesday I also ate a tangerine and had one of those Bolthouse Fruit Smoothies that has around 3 servings of fruit per container. I drink one or two of those smoothies a day because my fresh fruit and veg servings are almost nil most of the time. I also sipped on powerade all day, I usually have one or two powerades a day but don't drink near enough water. I've got to work on that.

(by the way... if anyone is interested in what HE ate Wednesday, he had a bowl of super sugar crisp cereal for breakfast)

For lunch we went to a little local Mexican place near his house. We had the usual chips and salsa - because you must. Their lunch special was the carne asada - grilled steak, onions and peppers that they served with flour tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, pico di gallo, etc. It also came with Mexican rice and refried beans. We both went for the special and it was really, really good! To drink we had the house wine of the south... sweet tea!

He works on Wednesday night - I know I call it his "weekend" because he doesn't work during the day but he hosts a trivia show at night on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. I use Wednesday nights while he is at work as my spa night... I take a long bath while watching stuff on my phone... I do a face mask and shave my legs and basically just enjoy a little time to myself. Dinner for him is always something from the restaurant where he does trivia... Wednesday night is Mexican and last week, if I remember correctly, he had zuppa di pollo... which, is basically chicken soup. I may have used the Italian for that and not the Spanish... but you get the point. He said it was really good and since then I have been wanting some chicken soup with fresh avocado and tons of cilantro and all that. Wednesday night - back at the "spa" I had leftover shrimp fried rice from our favorite Chinese place near his house. The shrimp fried rice was my dinner Tuesday night... they give us so much that I can make 2 or 3 meals out of it easily. The food is above par for strip mall Chinese and they are really sweet there. I forget the name of the place... it used to be Lucky Seven (or maybe Golden Seven or Happy Seven... can't remember) but they recently changed their name so now I have no idea what it is. After dinner Wednesday I also had another chobani flip yogurt because... I'm really addicted. He brought home Little Debbie Nutty Bars for a treat that night and they were so good! We usually have a little something-something sweet before bed, either chocolate or ice cream or... just a few bites of something to hold us over until morning, especially when we're going to be sleeping in the next morning... which we definitely did!

And that is what WE ate Wednesday for this past week. Let me know how well you do with getting in your fruit and vegetable servings because it is SO HARD for me! We want to cook at home more in order to eat healthier and cheaper but I love going out and having a nice meal and conversation together. I also just really hate to cook / clean up. I don't have much of an appetite so when I find something I like that is easy, I get into a rut with it. I would love to hear your fast/cheap/easy/healthy meal ideas! Thanks for stopping by, Love and hugs, y'all!

1 comments:

Stacey said...

My favorite Chobani flip is the salted caramel, but the mint one is really good too. I am trying to work my way to all of them.