My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

newsday Tuesday... what's new in the nest and beyond...

January 2011 has come and gone and honestly... I'm not sorry to see it go. It wasn't a great month for me. February has to be better. I have to work. I have to be well. I have to have my life back. This existance that has ground down to involve me in the nest all the time... I hate it. Yet... I know that every situation you go through serves to build your character... and I'm hoping that mine is evolving...

I'm going to work today. I don't care how much it hurts. I'm going to work.

Man... looks like a lot of you are going to be impacted by this mega storm. We just have rain and wind coming. If you're in the danger zone... ice, multiple feet of snow, etc... my prayers are with you! Be safe! I'd love to hear you ...

I am trying to wrap my mind around this revolution in Egypt. I'm sure it has some long term implications on the US but I'm not wise to the ways of global politics enough to truly appreciate the situation. Perhaps our wise Mr. Drake will weigh in and explain it. I mean... obviously, we have to be concerned about Muslim control of the foreign oil market... we have to worry about our friends in Israel. Mostly... every time I watch news reports about Egypt I either hear "Walk Like and Egyptian" in my head... or "You say you want a revolution..." by the Beatles. Every battle needs a theme song, right?

Yesterday I facebook friended my Cousin Rik, who I haven't seen since childhood... and I looked at his relatives on his page and realized that there is a huge extended family out there that I know nothing about. I didn't even know that Rik didn't have a C in his name. Our family doesn't do reunions well. We are spread so far out that it's impossible to get everyone together... my mother was one of 7 kids... and there were twenty something grandchildren on that side of the family... and most of them have a couple of kids each... you do the math. At least thru facebook, I can know them better. I *heart* facebook.

Bitty still hasn't come home.
Austin woke up on his own today.
Yesterday Austin finally said, "are you doing ok?" It only took him two weeks to figure out I wasn't well.
Of course... I can't even get his brother to return my texts...
Since I declared my retirement from dating, I've been much happier. I was getting tired of trying to sell myself. Selling insurance is enough of a challenge.
I'm here... I'm fairly presentable... I'm gainfully employed... don't mind watching sports... what's not to love?
I'm not looking forward to my CT scan tomorrow because it's a "full bladder" exam. They won't do it unless you're at the bursting point. Because of my cystitis, full bladder = pain. It reminds me of those prenatal ultrasounds... everybody loves 'em... loves getting a peek at their baby to be... not me... I was so durn uncomfortable, it could have been a humanoid from the deep in my womb and I wouldn't care... get the picture, do what you've got to do and get it over with.
My friend Cyndi has been sick with a fever for the past few days, keep her in your prayers, please.
My friend Linda is battling breast cancer. Pray for her too.
Another friend has a little girl (who I adore) with a broken arm... pray for them both. Mommy is very concerned.
I haven't decided which team I'm going to pull for in the Super Bowl. Any suggestions?
I had toyed with the idea of using my buddy pass to go to Purple Michael's show this weekend... then I figured it was too risky to travel on a buddy pass in the winter... to Chicago. In light of the kidney stones and the winter storm... I'm congratulating myself on that wise decision. I don't have a lot of them, I have to embrace them!
I really need to put up some good sales numbers in February... so if you're in Georgia and need any kind of insurance... call me.
Must glam... looking good is half the battle... if I look good, I'll feel good, right?
Love and hugs, y'all.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Well I am in Texas. We got up this morning at 5:30 and it was 62 degrees. An hour later 36. We had major wind and rain. Now we are waiting to see if we get ice or snow. The airport in Dallas is closed.
while saying prayers could you please pray for the mental well-being of my 11 year old daughter. She was attacked by a rottweiler Friday evening. She is ok physically, she is nervous that another dog is watching and waiting to attack her. When she closes her eyes she sees the dog's mouth on her face. Thanks, Terri

Jim Gant said...

Terri ... this is Heather's dad. We will be praying for your daughter's well being. Heather had a similar incident with a dog at her Uncle David's when she was three and to this day she doesn't particularly care for dogs. I don't blame her ... it is a traumatic experience.

Pop!

Terri said...

Thank you Mr. Gant! My daughter's name is Rachael. This is the second time she has been bitten. The first time it was a puppy but more blood. This time its a big dog, very little blood, and sleepless nights. She is a Godly girl and I know that one day she will use this as something good. She has already told me that she is glad the dog attacked her and not one of the younger kids that were there.

Terri