My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

All The Things

I have a feeling this will be the most random week in the history of my blog. I don't have a Throwback Thursday post written yet. Normally I do Wednesday and Thursday's posts on Monday but I had Cosy on Monday and today...

I slept better last night than the night before but I woke up feeling weird. Usually when I have a weird, non-specific feeling it's because my blood pressure was high. It was. My heart rate was also flying. I have tachycardia so it's always high but not usually this high. That's why I was feeling rotten.

I decided that since I didn't have Cosy this morning like I usually do on Tuesdays I would go ahead and do a root touch up on my hair. The brand I use is soooooo cheap and it works just fine but coloring at home is messy. Cosy likes to hang out in the bathroom with me while I shower. Don't ask me why. She probably does with her mom and just thinks that's what you do when somebody is showering... you all pile into the bathroom to supervise. Anyways.... I cut my leg in the shower - trying to shave my legs. The things we do so that men will want to cuddle... no matter how hard I try I can't convince Marvin to cuddle a cactus or a wildebeest.

A local friend of mine, Ms. Jimmie (she started as a client and fellow church member but over the years she has become a dear friend) had called last week and offered to give Austin a van. Well... more specifically... Susan, the lady who cleans our house lives with Ms. Jimmie. Jimmie's husband had given Susan a van a few years back when Susan was going through a really hard time. The husband died a few years back and now Jimmie has gotten a new car and is giving Susan her older vehicle. Susan wanted to "pay it forward" so she gave Austin her old van. And now Austin has his own car! He just has to get it insured and tagged which may take him another paycheck before he can quite afford it but he's so proud... and I just feel so blessed. I do believe that what you put out into the world comes back to you and Austin really does go the extra mile for people he cares about. It was a tearful moment for us older gals because we've all lived long enough to know the beauty that comes from such a gift...both in the giving and receiving.. and for Susan, to realize how far she's come and how important having her own vehicle was for her.

Since Cosy's mom was in a car accident yesterday, she was feeling poorly today. I knew that I couldn't keep Cosy all day today... I usually need 2 or 3 days to recover from one day of grandbaby duty and my blood pressure really needed to come down. But I thought it would be fun for Cosy to get out for a little bit so I told her mom that I would take Cosy with us to get the van. At some point after this discussion Cosy's mom fell back asleep and so when I went to pick up Cosy I couldn't get Tasha to come to the door. My first thought was... well, I guess they're both napping but my Jewish mother paranoia (I'm not Jewish) was that maybe Tasha was having some delayed reaction from the accident and Cosy was in the house unsupervised so we knocked and stomped and hollered until we finally got Tasha to come to the door. She had dozed off but fortunately Cosy was being a very good girl and was staying in the bed beside her mama. I'm including some pictures of Tasha's car... she's very lucky to just be bruised up and I'm awfully glad that Cosy wasn't in the car with her. AND very glad for Cosy's dad to be driving a big sturdy van so that Cosy will be safer if he should have an accident. Both of Cosy's parents have just gotten their drivers license in the past six weeks or so.

I think this is the back seat
So we got the van and came back to our house and Austin took Cosy back home. He's fighting that infection so he's really run down. I'm exhausted. Austin's girlfriend has worked every day for the past week so she's exhausted. Pop played golf in the heat today so he's come home exhausted. We're a sorry lot.

Now a dental update... it's been over a month since I got my partials and I am still not able to eat with them in... which is the main purpose for having them. Yes, I love being able to cheesy smile but chewing is also important. Today I was determined to keep them in to eat and I did reasonable well with it. I'm going to have to just do it and eventually I'll get used to it. It's definitely different from how I pictured.

One last thing... last night I won again in the HQ Trivia game that Marvin and I play together. My winnings were twelve cents...but I won! Marvin and I were on the phone together as we played and I absolutely would not have won if he wasn't helping me with the answers. There were two very lucky guesses I made on two questions where I really had no clue what the answer was. Marvin and I also do the Lumosity app. You play three games a day - different ones every day- to help you stay sharp. You can purchase a subscription to play more than three but we just do the free part for kicks. Marvin's scores are significantly higher than mine... especially in the area of memory. My short term memory is absolutely shot. If you tell me something and I forget... it's not because I don't care about you or what you've told me... I genuinely am just forgetful.

I've battled a headache all afternoon, no doubt from the blood pressure but I'm feeling better. I'm about to get ready for date night! Hope your Tuesday is going well. Love and hugs, y'all!



1 comments:

monica said...

I'm glad that Cosy's mom is OK. That looks pretty bad.
THAT SNAKE in your previous post would have sent me over the edge. You did good to get you and Cosy to safety. I know that's a "safe" snake, but I agree with you that there are no good snakes. YIKES! I can't even look at the picture.
I'm glad you monitor your BP. I wish it would go down and stay down.
Enjoy your time with your man! :)
Monica