My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Wednesday

Usually I write my blog posts for Wednesday and Thursday in advance so that while I am with my guy... I'm not spending a lot of time typing away on my laptop. This week I wasn't quite so organized and he has left for his Wednesday night trivia show so... I thought I'd do a little mid-week update before I commence spa night.

Last night for date night we tried a new (to us) place... Pure Taqueria in Duluth. I'd like to save this little food update for Friday but I didn't take photos and can't really do a full on review so I'll just give you a little paragraph or so today. Pretend it's Friday. Click here to visit their website, if you'd like. We shared an appetizer of Tres Ceviches. It's three individual ceviches - shrimp, octopus and fish - served with tostadas and fried plantains. I love ceviche but usually find that it's too spicy. Theirs was not. It was perfect for me! Honestly, I could have made a meal out of the ceviche, even sharing it. I also had an ensalade de verano - salad with smoked salmon. The salad was not your basic - it had grilled corn, watermelon radish, queso cheese (which is basically like saying, "cheese cheese" but you get the picture), tortilla chips in a lemon vinaigrette. I'm not usually a salad girl but this just sounded like it had all the right parts for me. Marvin had scallop tacos which he liked fairly well. We did have probably the worst server we've had in all our restaurant endeavors. We were literally begging for a refill of tea which was frustrating because otherwise, it was a really lovely meal. They do a really fresh take on Mexican and there were several other things on the menu that I would like to try.

Today we had a deliciously lazy day. This is a picture Marvin got of me dressed in his sweats this morning. The a/c in his house is set really cold and I wasn't prepared. We normally go out for lunch on Wednesday but today we stayed in and did grilled cheese. We had a garlic and herb cheese on rye bread and it was amazing! So good that it could easily become my new go-to meal! We finished watching the series Altered Carbon which... I've struggled with because it's science fiction and I had such a hard time keeping all the details straight but... by the end I was thoroughly invested in the story.

I realized today that I have forgotten one of my medicines for - at least the past week - maybe longer. I take a lot of meds between the different pain meds and blood pressure meds and migraine meds. I think there are 12 different prescriptions in all. I have one drug that I take that is traditionally an anti-depressant but it works well on pain, lowers your blood pressure and helps with migraines- it also helps you sleep - so I'm on sort of a high dose of it. It occurred to me today that I didn't sort it into my weekly drug divider this week and I'm almost certain that I didn't last week. I've struggled with sleep the past several days, my migraines have been terrible for the past week or so and my pain levels are higher than normal, which I was attributing to not sleeping. There's this whole sleep/pain cycle that you learn about when you're a chronic pain patient. Sleep is really important for healing inflammation in your body so when you have interrupted sleep, you have more pain. I slept poorly for several days in a row but fortunately, last night I slept great. I ALWAYS sleep well at Marvin's. His space is quieter and cooler and darker and there are no animals climbing in bed with me and I truly believe that I feel safer when he's near. Not in an... I'm endangered at home kind of way. Just that I know he's nearby and in charge and watching over me and I am therefore more relaxed. Hopefully I can get another night of really deep sleep in and when I get home tomorrow I can figure out what happened to the medicine I'm missing.

I've had a headache all day today and I left my migraine rescue meds at home so I'm just winging it with ibuprofen. It's not really working so this may be a shorter post than I meant.

Cosy and her new kitten came over yesterday. Baby girl loves that kitten like an obsessed stalker. The kitten is still tiny and submissive. It will break Cosy's heart if she gets too big or skittish to let Cosy cuddle her like she wants to. I tried teaching her how to lay her on her back and rub her tummy like I do with my kitty. One good thing about the kitty... somehow she was a trade off for giving up the pacifier so ... I think the paci habit is well and truly broken. We'll see. I told Marvin that the picture he snapped of her last week at lunch with her paci may be the last one we have. I'm glad to see her grow up and not be attached to it but... she's growing up! I'll miss that sweet little face in the rearview mirror with her sunglasses (her "hater shades") and the paci plugging her little mouth while we drive along.

And... I guess that's it for now. I'm going to see if I can find something to get rid of this headache. Hope you had a great Wednesday... I heard thunder but I haven't even peeked outside all day so I have no idea what the weather is like. I'll be back tomorrow with a Throwback Thursday post! Love and hugs!

0 comments: