My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Week In Review

making pancakes with Pop
This morning Cosy was hanging out with me while I put on my makeup when this conversation happened:

Nana: Is your tum tum hungry yet?
Cosy: Yes.
Nana: What do you want to have for breakfast?
Cosy: Pop is making pancakes for me. (starts heading downstairs)
Nana: ???
Nana: Pop, are you making pancakes for Cosy?
Pop: I guess so.

And he did. Girl knows how to get things done!

Time to reflect on the past week... It was a strange week because we had pretty extreme flooding here... and also because I didn't go to Marvin's until Wednesday morning. I had a doctor's visit in Gainesville - which is about halfway between my house and his - on Wednesday morning so it made more sense to go down after that instead of going down Tuesday and backtracking the next morning. Since I didn't go down until Wednesday morning, I stayed down there until Friday morning where as I would usually be home on Thursday afternoon. His Thursday trivia show is a good bit later than the one on Wednesday so I went on to sleep before he got home but we did have several hours to hang out together Thursday afternoon / early evening that we would usually not have so it was worth staying over. Getting home on Friday morning instead of Thursday afternoon made it seem like today was Friday instead of Saturday and... well, you get it. We're such creatures of habit. The ebb and flow of my life depends on Austin's work schedule and Pop's golf schedule for the most part. With Austin driving the days change a lot less for me but things do also revolve a bit around when Cosy and Oliver are here.

Tried to get a picture with both babies but
Cosy was NOT having any part of it!
Cody and Marquee and Oliver came up for a visit this morning. Usually they come the first Saturday of the month and usually I get Cosy so that she and Oliver can play together. They both love each other dearly but can fight like siblings at times. She's not great at sharing and he's a little comedian. She will dramatically scream and cry if he takes something she is playing with and we all get tickled at how over the top emotional she gets... he realizes that he's done something to make us laugh and so he will repeat the offense which gets her even more upset. For the most part we let them fight it out but we will use gentle reminders like, "let's share...." Oliver ALWAYS asks where Cosy is when I FaceTime with him and when he knows he's going to come up here he tells me he is going to share with Cosy. Like he knows that is the number one rule. Cosy is ALWAYS excited that Oliver is coming but she does not want to share or hug. Other than that... she's cool. I posted a ton of pictures on Facebook from this morning and I shared several little videos of them. They played in the hose and really, really had a great time. Cosy even gave Oliver a hug which is maybe the first time she's ever voluntarily done that.

Marvin called me on video-chat this morning while Cosy and I were waiting on Oliver to get here. Cosy LOVES Marvin. I think he sometimes thinks I'm exaggerating how lovingly she speaks of him but truly, he is the first man who is not family that she has ever even made eye contact with. She does not like men. Even with her Uncle Cody who she sees once a month or more, she doesn't often speak to him or make eye contact with him. She loves her dad, obviously. She loves her mom's dad, who she calls Papa. She loves Pop but that's a fairly new development. But pretty much every other man who ever is around... nope. So we were both talking to Marvin on the phone and when he was about to hang up and we were telling him goodbye she blew him a kiss! Completely unprompted... just... blew a big ol' kiss! He was shocked... and honestly, so was I!

We had a funny moment this morning with Pop. Cosy and I were downstairs with Pop and he was checking his blood pressure. She noticed the blood pressure cuff on him and said, in the sweetest, most comforting little maternal voice, "You'll be ok, Pop". Because obviously, blood pressure cuff = sick.

Oliver was jumping on the bed and somehow we got started talking about boys and girls... the fact that Oliver is a boy and Cosy is a girl, etc. I asked Oliver, "what is Nana, a boy or a girl?" He stopped and looked at me very seriously and said, "what are you?"

Marvin and I took a little drive on Thursday after breakfast and stopped at Chateau Elan, a winery and resort near him. He snapped a few pictures in the vineyard. I gotta say... I don't love the pictures of me because I feel like I look soooo fat. But I also don't want to erase all the memories of things I do because I don't love how I look in them. I'd rather have photos of life happening than only capture things that stroke my ego. Lord, help me, though, this is why I love cold weather because I can hide in a hoodie!



 



This picture of Oliver cracks me up because this is the look on his face when his mom told him it was time to get ready to go... meme by Marvin.

A few pictures of Oliver and Cosy from today. I haven't bought a little splash pool yet this year. I need to get one that is hard plastic and not the inflatable ones because the cats always puncture the inflatable ones and I just haven't tried to maneuver the hard plastic one in the car. We improvised with buckets and the hose today.

 

And now it's time for me to settle in for the night.

What was the highlight of the past week for you? Answer in comments below or post under the link on Facebook.

Love and hugs, y'all!

1 comments:

monica said...

Great post!
Your grandbabies are precious.
I think it's nice you have Marvin in
your life.
Life is good!