My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

What I'm Watching - TV Tuesday

Greetings from your friendly local couch potato! Hope this finds you all well. If you're looking for something to watch, I thought I'd share my latest Netflix/Amazon Prime/ You Tube watching. These are in no particular order but just as I remember them (😂) I'll also give you my opinion about watching as a couple or strictly Chick-Flick time, according to what I think my guy would or would not enjoy.

the movie Lady Bird - (Amazon Prime) this was an Oscar winner last year and for once, I totally agree. It's a sweet coming of age story about the relationship between a mother and daughter. Not at all about Lady Bird Johnson (yep, that's what I thought). Definitely worth watching!

The Breakup Girl - (also Amazon Prime) about a family coming to terms with their father's illness. The relationships between sisters - which is not something that I normally relate to but this was a great movie.

If I Were You - (Amazon Prime) about the relationship between a wife and her husband's mistress. It's one of those situational comedy type movies that... it's cute in places and a stretch in place but I enjoyed it. Marvin would not have. Actually... out of these three, Marvin would have maybe only liked the first. Maybe. Probably not.

The Staircase (Netflix) this is a true crime documentary about a woman who falls down the stairs. Marvin wants to watch it so I'm not giving away any more details than that. It's very good. I totally enjoyed it. I think it's a great one to watch as a couple but alas, we did not.

Florence Foster Jenkins (Amazon Prime) true story - movie about a woman who lived from 1868-1944 who was a terrible singer but thought she was good. Title character played by Meryl Streep. Hugh Grant plays her partner. At the surface you think it's going to be about a woman with money who everyone just coddled but then you see the different layers involved and why her partner allowed her to think she was good. I did a little additional internet research on her but I would recommend waiting to do that until AFTER you watch the movie. Pretty exclusively a chick flick, I think.

The Last Post (Amazon Prime) series about a British Army post in the Mid East (as in Saudi Arabia but not) in the 1960's focusing mostly on the families that are stationed there. So... on the surface it seems like a guy thing but it's really more of a girl thing. Graphic in parts, strong language. It ended way too soon for my taste so I hope there's another season coming.

Kate - The Making of  A Modern Queen (Amazon Prime) for those who love the Royals, which I do. It's a cheesy little documentary about Kate which... maybe didn't really have anything new in it necessarily but I rather enjoyed it. Chick flick exclusively.

Sprinkle of Glitter weekly vlog- (You Tube). Speaking of Royals... Louise Pentland went to a garden party at Buckingham Palace last week. She was really excited which... I mean, she recently interviewed Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and popped the button off of her skirt meeting Prince Charles but she still manages to keep her sense of wonder and excitement going to Buckingham Palace. I think she's worth a view just for that! Marvin definitely does not understand my fascination with British YouTubers and I'm hard pressed to explain it other than I just have a natural curiosity about how other people live.

What have you seen recently that you have particularly enjoyed?

0 comments: