My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, June 25, 2018

Reasons To Love Monday - Random Edition

Cosy and Whiskers
I would say that Whiskers is voluntarily laying with her

I want to take the babies to see Incredibles 2. Oliver's mom thinks he's not ready to be still that long but Cosy is such a little couch potato that I know she would sit still. She might not like the darkness of the theater... but I'd like to give it a shot.

I have been trying to learn how to put on fake eyelashes. So far... it's a mess. Not even sort of passable. It's a freak show. I've tried upgrading my glue but still.... I don't have the skills. Probably need to watch a youtube on it.

I got Cosy this morning instead of tomorrow. I had planned last night to get her but then I didn't sleep well last night and at first I was just going to wait until tomorrow. Once I realized that I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep, I thought I might as well get her today and then I won't be as tired for date night tomorrow night.

Unfortunately... Cosy's mom got in an accident going home from dropping Cosy off. She says her chest hurts and I think they might have her checked out at the hospital. Her car is totaled. I could hear the sirens from here but I don't have a car at home at the moment... and I wouldn't want Cosy to see anything that would upset her. Fortunately, Cosy is perfectly happy watching YouTube toy opening videos. She is obsessed with them!

Well... she was watching videos and then I mentioned going to play in the water and she was happy to do that. I haven't bought a little pool for her this year yet and I didn't want to have to reach down in the foliage to get to the spigot to turn on the hose so I just filled a dishpan with water for her to play in. She decided it would be fun to pour water on Nana. That escalated into her pouring water through my dress and catching it as it dripped through. We were both soaked. I posted a lot of stories on Instagram and Facebook if you want to hear Nana scream like a little girl over getting wet while Cosy laughs maniacally.

Then as we were on the porch making our way inside I noticed what I thought at first was a crack in the big stone beside our front porch. Then the crack moved and I realized it was a snake. I screamed and tried to get in the front door but it was locked... fortunately we have one of those locks where you just punch in the number and it opens... I did that quickly while screaming at Cosy to get in the house. Fortunately... she heard the terror in my voice and ran inside quickly and fortunately... Oscar did too. He had to jump over the snake to get into the house as he was in the little patch of level yard right in front of our house. Once they were inside safely I cracked the door to take a picture.

Now Cosy is back inside in dry clothes... well, in her undies but... she went potty so I didn't make her put on the rest of her clothes. It's just us girls because my dad went down to see Grandma today and Austin is at work. She in dry clothes... I'm in dry clothes... and the youtubes are going again. I know we should limit screen time but I consider this an unusual situation... because who knows how long I'll have her and I have been awake since 1am. As long as she's happy and still.. Nana's gonna let her enjoy screen time. We can undo the damage on a day when her mama or daddy have her.

I know this isn't the traditional Reasons To Love Monday post but I've just been able to type here and there in between taking care of Cosy. Reasons to Love Monday- Cosy was not in the car with her mom when she was in the accident because she would have been badly hurt or worse. AND... the snake didn't get us. Austin and Marvin both told me it was a good snake. I don't buy that crap. There is no such thing as a good snake.

Blood pressure before the snake incident. I doubt it's lower since then.

Hope you're having a great Monday. Love and hugs, y'all!



0 comments: