My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Answer Me This

Me on my 2nd birthday - just sharing because it's cute
Since my blog views increase by a few dozen every time I do it... I'm linking up with Kendra at Catholic All Year for her Answer Me This questions. It also gives me something to talk about when I don't have anything blogworthy to say.

1. Do you have a land line?

We have one but don't use it. The plan we're on charges something ridiculous for outgoing calls and since the number was never given out to anyone we know, if it rings we know it's telemarketing so it never gets used. We all have cell phones.

2. What is your least favorite food?

I'm about one rare steak away from being a vegetarian so most of my culinary dislikes are meat of some kind. I would never, could never eat organ meats - brains, intestines and other unmentionable parts that some consider delicacies however I also dislike red meat that is less than medium well or chicken on the bone. I love almost every vegetable or fruit you can think of and my diet is primarily vegetarian when I have the choice.

3. What's on your summer reading list?

I'm currently reading Appalachian Adventure - a journal with many, many photos of a group of journalists that collectively hiked the entire Appalachian Trail in 1994. Normally I'm not crazy about books that far back, especially non-fiction because non-fiction is real life and life changes a lot in the course of twenty years. The mountains, however, are timeless and I am enjoying every single page of this book. I'm also reading Rick Steve's guidebook to Rome. I know it seems sorta crazy to read a guidebook when I'm never ever going to be able to travel but honestly, it's a mental escape for me. Travel and biographies are at the top of my reading list for now. 

4. Is there something that people consistently ask for your advice on? What is it?

I get questions about the following subjects:
My grandma - around 1944
  • raising boys
  • raising a child with Aspergers
  • costumes - especially period costumes because I'm such a history buff
  • genealogy - Grandma called yesterday to see if I knew of any Revolutionary War veterans on her mother's side of the family. Why yes, there are FIVE! 
  • insurance
  • theatre and show tunes
Cody, Marquee, Austin & friends floating in the lake yesterday

5. What's the most physically demanding thing you've ever done?

Childbirth x3.  Nowadays the most physically demanding thing I do is walk down to the dock. I don't go down there unless we have company or something interesting going on down at the lake but I love it down there.

6. How do you feel about massages?
I've never really had one so I can't say. 

The next set of questions (I'm never really sure which set is the current set so I just go ahead and answer both because... why not?) 

1. What’s something you intended to do today, but didn't?
The day is young so I haven't disappointed myself yet. Mom and I did plan to go to the grocery store this morning but neither one of us is really up to it.

2. What's your favorite grilling recipe?
My cutie-patootie niece Jamie when she was around 3
I'm abnormally afraid of fire so I hardly ever do my own grilling but if someone is grilling for me I'm a big fan of kebabs and well done hamburgers.

3. What movie did you see most recently?
High School Musical 3 with my nieces.

4. Would you say your tendency is to over or under react to medical situations?
I always tend to lean too heavily on Dr. Google for medical advice which means that I can make a mountain out of any mole hill! However, considering that a lot of the stuff wrong with me is unusual for someone of my age, I can't really say that I over react because a lot of times stuff is really wrong. REALLY wrong.

5. Do you squeeze the toothpaste tube or roll it?
Squeeze because the kid does and there's no fighting it.

6. What are you doing for Father's Day? 
No plans as of yet. 

4 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Glad to hear you are getting a following. I usually only blog when I'm depressed. I should do happy entries too!

Renee said...

Yes. These link ups help me find blogs of interest too. I have a low page view blog, but it is there.

We live in a click-bait world, normal things of interest do not get seen.

Anonymous said...

Here from the linkup and I'm betting you are about my age because of the toys in your second birthday picture! I loved that t.v. and had it until a couple of years ago when my house burned down. I love the mountains (was just in the Smokies last week), I am raising three boys (and two girls) so if you have any advice I'll listen (and one of the boys was diagnosed as being on the spectrum earlier this year), AND I love genealogy. So I expect I will enjoy visiting your blog. :-)

Anonymous said...

Here from the linkup and I'm betting you are about my age because of the toys in your second birthday picture! I loved that t.v. and had it until a couple of years ago when my house burned down. I love the mountains (was just in the Smokies last week), I am raising three boys (and two girls) so if you have any advice I'll listen (and one of the boys was diagnosed as being on the spectrum earlier this year), AND I love genealogy. So I expect I will enjoy visiting your blog. :-)