My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Walmart Haul

 I should write a proper post but I'm worn out. I finally got to have a big shopping spree. It's been so long I've never been able to just go and get all the things I want/need at one time. This won't happen often... may not ever happen again in my lifetime... but it was SO. MUCH. FUN!

We started the day at Starbucks because... I mean... pumpkin spice latte season! This picture is Cosette waiting in front of the Starbucks stall while her daddy pays for all of our beverages (with Nana's money.) Which reminds me, there are a few phrases that always get a smile out of Cosette. One of them is "pretty". Another is "money". If you say, "do you want to go spend daddy's money?" Big grin. Ditto for "do you want to go spend Nana's money?". She's no fool.
I did not buy this hat but in retrospect, I like the way it looks on me and might go back and get it.

Austin, Tasha and Cosette went along with me - which I guess you can tell by the pictures. I've got a bad case of Pain Brain right now so I'm not articulating well. This is really more of a photo dump than a legit blog post. We took a long time and made a good circle of the Super Walmart. I had a decent list of what I wanted/needed but I also picked up several "just because I can" items.


No trip to Walmart would be complete without Austin winding up wind-up toys. If it makes noise or moves... he's like a two year old - a two year old who can reach everything. This was a race between the Halloween decorations. Those two by the cart ended up in an inappropriate position.

I don't get out much.
 For the win! 
Cosette stole her daddy's hershey bar!
Posing for picture with the chocolate in the frozen foods section. Living la vida loca! And how long are her legs? She did have pink tights on with her little tutu dress but they were lost in the mayhem.
My Walmart haul. I didn't do a great job of displaying it but I was dog tired and in a heckuva lot of pain when I was doing it. Two little Halloween outfits for Cosette... Halloween socks for the nieces... two pair of my favorite Danskin yoga pants and a new top... unmentionables... socks... gatorade... embroidery thread... treats for the cats... toys for the dogs... lean cuisines... pampers and wipes because my descendants use a lot of those.. a big bag of Halloween candy...  lots of fun stuff. I went on an internet shopping spree yesterday and got lots of clothes for me and the babies. Not bragging, just sharing because y'all have been so supportive!

After allllllll that shopping we came home and got in some quality time with my little princess while her dad did some yard work. She has SO MUCH personality! She can go from being silly to throwing a full-blown fit. Baby Girl is STRONG so when I say she THROWS a fit, she really throws it!


She nearly propelled herself right off of my lap! 

 


 She has learned to blow kisses... and raspberries. She studies your mouth really intently and tries to mimic what you're doing. I don't remember what age they're supposed to be able to do that but I didn't think it was this young. 

 She's also really flexible. 


Talk about putting your foot in your mouth! 




 She screamed bloody murder when Jamie tried to give her a cuddle after school. Cosette is so passionate in her displeasure that you can't help but laugh! 

In other news I got my Medicare card in the mail yesterday and signed up for my prescription drug plan. Makes me feel like I need to join AARP or something. I'm just so grateful to have health insurance. I'm still shocked that all of this worked out for me. I'm going to the dentist tomorrow to get an estimate on getting some issues sorted out. Not looking forward to it, grateful to be able to do it. 

Life is good. Love and hugs, y'all! 



1 comments:

monique said...

Nice job. I'm so glad that you are able to enjoy the benefits you well deserve.
That baby girl is really growing. Wow!
m~