My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, May 14, 2018

Reasons To Love Monday

I have a headache. That's the only thing I can think of to say this morning. I'm out of advil and I have a headache that is not yet a migraine but it has migraine potential. That being said... there are still reasons to love today and I'm going to dig deep to find a few to share...

1. Austin brought me a vase of roses cut from the yard this morning. My mom's roses seem to be even more beautiful than ever this year and it's a lovely legacy of her. Having a little vase of them in my room is precious and what a great way to start the day! And seriously... how thoughtful of Austin?

2. Other than the Austin transportation responsibilities today, I have absolutely zero/nada/nothing on my agenda today. That was sort of what yesterday was like, too and I don't feel the least bit guilty for it. I had to get over the guilt about the amount of rest my body needs a long time ago. I need more rest because I live with more pain... it's that simple. I am going to bask in the luxury of it today.

3. I freaking love my Amazon Firestick. It is, without a doubt, the best purchase I've made all year. Once the smart part quit working on my tv, I had to hook my laptop up to watch any of my internet based viewing... Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. To be able to just chill in my nest and watch whatever I want by clicking my little remote... well, I feel like the Queen of Sheba. Wherever Sheba is.

4. We are only five days away from the Royal Wedding! You may remember that I took the day off when Prince William married Kate. I'm THAT into the whole Royal Wedding extravaganza. It's like I told my guy last night... it would be like... if the World Series only happened maybe 4 times in your whole lifetime. How many Royal Weddings do we get to see in our lives? SOOOOO few! I'm going to soak it all up and not be the least bit embarrassed that I'm an American who is nowhere near royalty and this wedding has zero to do with my life. I just love the pageantry and majesty of it all. And what an amazing fairy tale - an American woman marries a Prince... could it get any better?

5. Tomorrow I get to see two of my favorite people in the world - Cosy and Marvin! So today when it's just me and the cat and the dog all day... I know that I can look forward to lots of cuddles and kisses tomorrow! And Cosy might hug me too.... *wink*

6. There's another Mother's Day gift coming from Cody and Marquee and Oliver. One came on Saturday but would you believe a spider got into the box... and when I opened the package that durn spider liked to scare me to death! Cody promises that he did not order the spider. Teehee. And part two is on the way today or tomorrow.

7. I did laundry yesterday - or rather Austin did my laundry yesterday - so I don't have to bother with that today or tomorrow. I've got plenty of clean clothes to last me for a week or so.

8. Austin watched The Greatest Showman this past week and loves it so we are enjoying listening to it in the car. My sweetie fixed up an iPod for me with lots of stuff I love... including The Greatest Showman... so Austin and I had a blast blasting it on his way to work this morning.

All in all, despite the headache and a few aches and pains... this Monday is not such a bad deal. I think I might be able to love it....

Let me know why you're loving Monday this week! Love and hugs, y'all!

0 comments: