My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Let's Talk About Makeup! ELF Cosmetics makeup collection

I seriously love ELF Cosmetics! In my opinion they are the most affordable makeup on the market. I have found them at Walmart, the Dollar Tree (an actual "everything's a dollar" store) and they often have 50% off sales on their website. It's quality makeup at a really low price, which means I can buy more makeup without feeling guilty. They're also cruelty free and vegan, if that sort of thing matters to you. I have become a bit of a makeup hoarder and everything I've bought lately is from ELF. (Disclaimer: this is not an ad and I have no affiliation with them. They do offer bonus "beauty squad points" if you order from their website using my link below.)

Click here to save $5 off your first order from ELF.

Let me know if you have any problems with the discount... I'm a newbie at this.

Here are some of the products I have bought from them recently...

My inventory includes (starting with the bottom left and working clockwise) current online price is listed...
pop of glitter gel (use as eyeshadow, lip gloss, highlighter or anywhere you want a little shimmer) in gilded bronze $4.00
lip laquer in bold pink $2.00
instant lift brow pencil in taupe $2.00
intense ink eyeliner in blackest black $4.00
waterproof eyeliner pen in coffee $2.00
expert liquid liner in coffee $2.00










undereye concealer and highlighter $2.00
shadow lock eyelid primer in sheer $2.00
molten liquid eyeshadow in brushed copper $4.00
velvet touch eyeshadow in island breeze $12.00 (this stuff is so richly pigmented! mine is a mess because it's Cosy's favorite eyeshadow too! I got it at half price so I don't mind her playing with it)



natural lash three pack of eyelashes (not sure of price, not currently on website)
waterproof lengthening and volumizing mascara $3.00
mascara in jet black (in the white tube) bought at Dollar Tree for $1.00 - this stuff is amazing for a dollar!









no budge shadow stick in rose gold $4.00
no budge shadow stick in bronze metal $4.00

this stuff really stays in place!
















eyeliner and shadow stick in basic/brown $3.00
eyeliner and shadow stick in smoke/black $3.00
eye makeup remover balm $4.00
lip laquer in tea rose $2.00
eyeshadow palette in rose gold $10.00
this one is also beautifully pigmented but between the two, I prefer the velvet touch eyeshadow


the eyeshadow palettes come with a mirror!







flawless finish foundation in light ivory $6.00

the coverage in this foundation is as good / better than Estee Lauder double wear foundation which is about seven times the price!









Let's talk about makeup! What are your favorite makeup brands? If you sell makeup (Avon, Lipsense, etc) feel free to leave your contact information in the comments below or in the link on my Facebook page) How often do you wear makeup? If I'm not leaving the house, I don't bother. If I'm just making a quick run into town I might not bother. I'm less likely to wear makeup in the summer but I almost always at least moisturize with a moisturizer that includes sunscreen. I may not always do a proper cleanse but I at least use a makeup remover wipe and wipe off my makeup before I go to sleep. I can't STAND to sleep with makeup on. I do enjoy wearing makeup, trying new colors and styles... I feel more confident when my makup is done. Lately I've been trying to master false eyelashes and so far... it's a complete fail. I don't really mess much with blush / contour / highlighter but I do like that look. Does your partner prefer you with or without makeup? Honestly, mine says that we women should get together and ban it so that we don't have to bother but I really like feeling made up.

In other news... Vacation Bible School continues tonight. My niece Sarabeth posted this picture last night on her Instagram and I asked for permission to share it with y'all because she looks so adorable and I know you are not going to believe how grown up she is now! When I started blogging she was only two years old so you guys have literally watched her grow up!

Hope you're having a great Tuesday! Love and hugs, y'all!









0 comments: