My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Answer Me This - The Final Episode


I'm linking up with Kendra at Catholic All Year for her last edition of Answer Me This. I have loved doing this because it's great blog fodder and my blog pageviews double whenever I do one. If you have never checked out Kendra's blog, you should. She has a sweet family and they travel and homeschool and are very interesting. Much more interesting than me! 



1. What is your favorite picture book?


Oh... I have several! I love picture books and will often check them out from the library, even though they're way too heavy. I love when Austin goes with my to the library so he can carry them. 

One of my favorites was a gift from my brother Bryan and his girlfriend Candice for Christmas one year. It's about what people eat... it shows people from all over the world and the food they eat. It's very interesting and eye opening to see how much Americans eat in relation to what some cultures and countries have to eat. 

I have a book about Fashion history that has gorgeous full color pictures. That combines my loves of history and costuming which, trust me, being a good costumer means having a good knowledge of clothes throughout the years. 

I also bought a HUGE photo book on Princess Diana that was regularly $80 - I got it for $5! I miss being near Barnes and Noble so I can shop their clearance tables. Photo books are right in my wheel house since I almost exclusively read non-fiction. 

2. Are you a boycotter?

Yes, but not in an "in your face, you're a horrible person if you don't do it with me" way. It's more of a silent protest/vote with my pocketbook thing. For example, I won't watch any TV show with Charlie Sheen in it because he's such a waste of flesh. I don't want to be responsible for putting one dime in his bank account. I won't watch MSNBC news channel because they're so wildly liberal. That sort of thing. 

3. How do you feel about cheese?

I'm using Kendra's graphic for this because I second that emotion. I'm a big fan of good cheese. I love fresh mozzarella. I love a good brie. Freshly grated parmesan, not the kind in the green can. I could (and have) lived off a cheese and cracker tray for a week. A little fruit, a little cheese, a good baguette... I'm set. 




4. How many pairs of sunglasses do you own?

Just one for me, the same one that I have had for years that I bought at the dollar store. I keep some Hello Kitty glasses in my car for the girls but we hardly ever drive my car anymore (and it currently won't start because it has sat for so long). This current pair is missing some of the little rhinestones in places and I don't care. They're my faves. 

5. How long has it been since you went to the dentist?

Too long. I have a broken tooth that is a time bomb waiting to go off but people with no money and no dental insurance don't have a lot of choices. 

6. If you could visit any religious site in the world, where would you go?

I know most Christians would say, "The Holy Land" but I'm way too fearful of the unrest in that part of the world. I'm more interested in visiting Billy Graham's neck of the woods. Or seeing beautiful chapels/cathedrals/churches in non-wartorn places around the world. There are some really sweet churches in Cades Cove. The thing for me is that God is everywhere. I believe that some of the best religious sites in the world are as random as the back porch swing where you sit to pray/clear your  thoughts. Any place can be Holy Ground. 


So that's it for this edition of Answer Me This. Check out the links of other blogs who have answered these same questions by visiting Kendra's blog with all the linky-dinks.

Last night I finished my big cross stitch project and today I start on my Christmas projects. Only four months to go... so I've got to work fast. That last project took six weeks of stitching every day for many, many hours a day. I'm proud of it and very happy with how it came out. I knew I wanted to add the additional family members besides just our immediate family so I made a border of names of our kids and spouses in chronological order to how they joined our family. I absolutely love it! It includes my parents, grandparents, great grandparents and great-great grandparents!


So that's about it for today. Time to get a little something to eat and get busy sewing. Love and hugs, y'all!

0 comments: