My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lots of Ice

Happy Fat Tuesday, y'all! Finally a holiday that means something to me after suffering through all the mush and romance last week! To celebrate I had homemade waffles for breakfast and dinner... mashed potatoes and meatloaf for lunch. I have what's left of a bag of butterfingers and my luigi's mango italian ice for this evening. Yes, I still eat italian ice every night even though there's ice all around us. And the butterfingers... I can explain... our satellite kept flickering on and off during The Bachelor last night and I was burying my frustration in a bag of butterfingers. I mean, some people drink.

I have felt horrible today... dizzy, nauseous, sleepy and just generally icky. I took a long nap this afternoon and could still go back to sleep right now even though it's only 6pm. I have to drive into civilization tomorrow to see the pain doctor and I hope I have a break from the dizziness. Schools are going to be closed here again tomorrow because there is still a good bit of ice out there. Most of our backyard is cleared because we get direct sunlight but a lot of places still have a thick layer of ice/snow. Thursday I have to drive back down to civilization again for my ultrasound and it's supposed to be the coldest day of the year. Just. my. luck.

I've been sleeping in the recliner for the past few months because laying down is really uncomfortable both on my spine and on the crazy gut pain. I gave the old horizontal thing a try this afternoon thinking that would cure the dizziness. Little OCD Kitty sat right beside me and every time my eyes would close he would gently tap me on the face. He can't stand for anything to be out of place. He wouldn't tap me until both eyes closed.... if one eye was open he would get his paw in position to tap but wouldn't actually tap until both eyes closed.

Anyways. I mainly just wanted to show you the pictures I took of the ice. I had a lot of pain this morning and then the dizziness, etc kicked in so I would notice the light changing and think, "I really want to capture a photo of this" and would take about three pictures before I had to lay back down. It truly was beautiful. Hope you enjoy them!

Hope wherever you are it's safe and warm! Love and hugs, y'all!

First light
 

mostly crunchy ice, very little snow
 
 
 


Not climbing those stairs!


 

 

 

 

 

 




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your snow pics Heather. So beautiful!