1. I no longer have "Mondays"... no reason to gear up to face a long week. I just have these occasional days where I need a little morale boost. It's so much easier to handle a raging case of the Yucks when you don't have to shower... dress for work... drive to work... face customers all day... I'm so grateful that my disability was approved because days like today make working impossible. I don't have to make that guilt filled call of shame to call in sick. I just curl up in my nest!
3. My tree is up and sort of decorated. I just do a couple of ornaments and rest. I can't do anything while standing for more than a few minutes at a time because the muscle spasms kick in so it's an ornament or two... next time I get up to go to the bathroom or whatever it's another ornament or two...
5. Balsam scented candles. I'm addicted to the woodsy/green scent. I bought two Yankee Candles and a bunch of cheaper ones from Walmart. I especially love the way it smells when you leave the room and then come back in and are greeted with the scent of candles burning!
6. I've been watching a lot of old episodes of What's My Line and To Tell The Truth. It's nice to go back to simpler times. A lot of the vloggers I watch are doing "Vlogmas" where they do special Christmas themed videos or just do more videos than usual. It's fun watching people from all over the world preparing for Christmas.
7. My grandma is going to be up here this weekend so we're finally going to get to take a five generation photo with grandma, Pop, me, Austin and Cosette. My dad is in a music program and my sweet aunt is bringing grandma up to see it.
8. I'm almost through stitching the names on our stockings - 15 this year. And then I can start on a new project! I get so excited when I'm picking out a new project! I've been combing through Pinterest for the past week trying to decide what to do.
|Maybe some variation of this?|
|Sleeping in a shopping cart - shopped til she dropped!|
We still don't have the results from mom's biopsy of the mass in her pancreas. She was feeling pretty good last week but in the past several days I can tell she's uncomfortable again. The doctor told her yesterday that it may be as late as Friday before we have the results in. I don't know if I mentioned it here... but her biopsy was sent to Emory for scrutiny. Still trying to determine if it's the return of the carcinoid type cancer she had a few years ago or if it's a different type of pancreatic cancer. I think they have eliminated the possibility that it's a harmless little nothing so please keep her in your prayers. We are so ready to know... and still hoping for good news somehow.