My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I Spoke Too Soon

No sooner do I bemoan my perfectly boring life and my kid trips in a gopher hole while holding hedge trimmers and slices his finger! Pop rushed him to Habersham hospital and they glued him back together.

They weren't even out of the driveway when I hollered up for mom to throw me down some trash bags. Dishes have been dwindling and I knew it was time to do a recon mission in Austin's room. It's very rare for him to be gone from the house for long so I knew this was the perfect opportunity. I'm sure this detracts from my points toward "mother of the year" for my kid to be bleeding to death and my first concern was cleaning his room. That's just how we roll. My mom came down and joined me in my quest so she loses points (or gains them!) for grandmother of the year as well.

Austin has a serious hoarding problem. I say that without any exaggeration. You would have to see it to believe it and I would be humiliated to let you see it. I don't mind clutter as long as it's not invading my space. What I mind is his grow your own antibiotics farm. And it makes me feel horrible that my parents, who do so much for us and sacrifice a whole floor of their house for us to have a place to live have to scrounge around to find enough forks for dinner because my kid has them under his bed. It's a serious problem.

Mom and I barely made a dent but we did find a lot - UH LOT of dishes. The kid is mad and frankly my dear, I don't. I really don't. He's complained multiple times since and my answer is always the same, "don't make it so that we have to go in there and we won't."

I'm not a clean freak by any stretch of the imagination. I have a few obsessive habits that make things tidy - I cannot leave my bed unmade, I wash dishes as I cook - things like that. I don't vacuum - hurts too much - and I don't sweep or mop for the same reason. I have a habit of trying on several things and/or wearing things more than once between washing that results in a pile of clothes accumulating from time to time in my room but my room is clean and organized. Things have a place. I know where stuff is at pretty much all times. I've never asked my kids to keep their environment spotless but I draw the line when their mess interferes with my standard of living.

Anyways. So that was more excitement than I bargained for yesterday. Today was an appointment at the pain clinic. It was uneventful except for being able to verify that nothing they're prescribing me could be leading to the elevated liver enzyme issue. I don't know what that means in terms of what could be causing the problem or even if it's a problem. I have a faster than usual heartbeat but that doesn't matter as long as the rhythm is normal so this liver thing may just be not a big deal, too. At least I don't have to feel guilty for causing damage by taking pain meds. Or by drinking because I hardly ever do. A couple times a year, maybe, but never much at a time.

No pictures to share of the kid's room or of my doctor's visit so you'll just have to use your imagination. And that's all I've got for today... so far.

Happy Tuesday. Love and hugs and all that.

0 comments: