My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

Status quo: ice tea, caprese salad, my handy dandy remote control
It drives me crazy when my favorite bloggers go MIA. I check their instagram accounts... their facebook... see if they've posted to Pinterest... because although I am every inch a Southern Baptist I become a full on Jewish mother when people aren't following their standard pattern of behavior. In the absence of information I make stuff up... which is why *in my mind* if people aren't where they are supposed to be they must be dead on the side of the road - there is no other option. And while I wouldn't presume to think I'm anybody's favorite blogger, I know that if I don't check in from time to time y'all wonder what's going on.

tomato, radish, avocado, basil, fresh mozz, olive oil, balsamic vinegar 
Nothing. That's what's going on. It's late Spring/early Summer. My pain hasn't been TOO bad over the past few days - better than usual - up until today and today it's not good. It's one of those days where I need to hang upside down because it feels like my spine is collapsing on itself. I haven't seen anything terribly noteworthy on tv. I'm slowly reading the twelve books I have open on my Nook (twelve may be an exaggeration but not by much). I haven't been to the library. I've been eating basically the same thing every day. The kid is lazy, the cats are cute, the lake is gorgeous and it's all basically the same old. I mean, really, there's nothing to share.

I'm not complaining. I don't like change. I don't like challenges and roadblocks and rant-worthy blog topics. I like things to chug along at a predictable pace. It feels like the days are long but the weeks fly by. Sometimes I get frustrated with the repetition, feeling like I don't accomplish anything new or interesting. However, I have to remind myself that this is a season of waiting. I knew that the disability process would be a long, long battle so when the weeks go by quickly, without any new crisis looming, it's a good thing.

So, I'm fine. Everything is fine. The weather is fine. The cats are fine. It's all fine.

Here are a few pictures from the backyard to make up for my lack of content. Happy Memorial Day! Love and hugs, y'all!













0 comments: