My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, December 13, 2012

My Rip Van Week...

What I can tell you about the last three days? I worked. I slept. I watched tv. And that's about it.

Fatigue is a major symptom/side effect of my various diagnosis'/medications. I pulled an extra hour and a half (yes, that's all, an hour and a half) at work on Tuesday and slept almost continuously between Tuesday at 5pm when I got home from work... and this morning. I had a few waking hours in between naps but relatively no productivity. My greatest contribution to the household in the past few days has been serving as human heating pad for our bald little wiener dog who will die without body heat... and showing the service man where the washing machine is located.

Tuesday I was too tired to eat, even though the food was prepared and it was just a matter of walking into the kitchen to put it on a plate... I couldn't do it. My little elf of a daughter-in-law made rice krispy treats and I had one for dinner on Tuesday and one for breakfast on Wednesday, both times they were delivered to my nest. I was better last night and actually performed the task of feeding myself... but that demonstrates the extreme level of exhaustion I've felt when the fat girl doesn't even want to eat. Cody brought some leftovers to us last night and I couldn't eat a bite.

Fortunately I have an amazing work environment and things are arranged for me to have these long weekends or mid week breaks. I have an amazing home environment that allows me to be glued to the nest when needed. And, surprisingly, Austin has just been an awesome "housewife" and has taken on so many housekeeping tasks around here... he washes the dishes, he helps with the fur babies, he just jumps in and takes care of anything and everything.

Today I'm working from 10 to 3. Tomorrow I'm working from 11:30-4:30 and then I have a three day weekend in the mountains. We're leaving Austin in the mountains which makes me incredibly nervous for many, many reasons but he has been proving to be responsible so we'll just believe that he will continue to do that...

This weekend in the mountains is my scheduled "elf time"... I have a trunk full of Christmas presents that I need to wrap. My wrapping supplies are (I think) at the mountain house and I've been trying to keep things as fur free as possible for my little Jamie girl who is allergic. I've got a couple of pinterest projects that I would LOVE to complete this weekend if my energy level allows. If not, it's going to just be a quick, 48 hour trip to the mountains to do whatever I can, a doctor visit on Monday morning and then back to the grindstone on Tuesday.

I think I've come to the decision that it's not the presents that I enjoy so much about Christmas as it is the food and family and that sort of thing. The past few Christmases have been lonely for me. It won't be this year. I don't care so much about "the stuff". I have everything I need. Everyone in my life has everything they need (although, Santa, if you wouldn't mind bringing Austin a job... ). Except a washing machine. The one here in Riverdale bit the dust this week. It costs more to fix than it would cost to buy a new one. So Santa... a washing machine would be nice... but to the best of my knowledge, no one in our family is in need of the basics of food, shelter, transportation.. so the people, the food... that's what I'm looking forward to the most.

Anyways... the clock is zipping by this morning, faster than my fingers on the keyboard (and that's rocket fast, trust me, I'm an insanely fast typer)... I have to run brush the toothies and head off to work. Hoping my car loan closed yesterday so I can put a little "cha-ching" down on my bonus list for next time.

Happy Thursday, y'all! Love and hugs!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

/a



lingerie and free shipping are sexy kind of all the dresses that are very favourite for all the modern women of
the world specially European and Indian women.
They pursuit their husbands to attract to her for sexual demand and seducing her body.


Corset
sexy Corset
lingerie
lingerie and free shipping
3

Unknown said...

/a



lingerie and free shipping are sexy kind of all the dresses that are very favourite for all the modern women of
the world specially European and Indian women.
They pursuit their husbands to attract to her for sexual demand and seducing her body.


Corset
sexy Corset
lingerie
lingerie and free shipping