My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, December 14, 2012

Photo Finish Friday / Yabba Dabba Doooo Day!

This is Friday, isn't it? I've been in such a fog this week. During my brief few hours of clarity I've been at work so... yeah... I actually had to check to make sure it's really Friday.

Grandma came down last night and spent the night. She and Pop have some errands to run today. Pop is off getting the oil changed in his car. Mom is at work. Austin is asleep and I'm tucked into my nest relaxing and cuddling the fur babies until time to get ready for work... and Grandma is on a cleaning spree. I figure I'll just let her do her thing. I'm sure she misses keeping house and I've had such a difficult week pain wise that I don't dare spend the morning running around cleaning house (which is already clean, mom worked hard on that yesterday). I have to make sure that I'm still clear-headed and able to function until Yabba Dabba Do time.

Yesterday was one of those days that the pain takes over and puts me in a fog. I was nervous driving home. The last half hour at work I did more delegating than I have ever done. I've been fortunate that I've been able to keep it together these four months that I've been working part-time... and I've been able to stay on top of the pain. But there's a point... and anyone who has chronic pain can relate, I'll bet... that you can't think clearly, you have no patience, you no longer care about anything or anyone or polite or decent behavior... all you know is pain. That's what happened yesterday. So today I'm a bit anxious.

I have a few kitty photos to share... those of you who are in the "anti-cat" movement, feel free to skip these...

This is Trouble and Stubby snuggled up together. Trouble is using Stubby's head for a pillow.












They are laying on my clean clothes, by the way... so not only am I a crazy cat lady... I'm a crazy cat lady with cat fur all over my clothes. Gotta love it!













And these pictures are Trouble the cat being "King of the Castle"... whenever he sleeps like this he reminds me of a old guy laying around in his boxer shorts... like all he needs is a cigar and the remote control....


Austin is constantly aggravating this cat and he has the scars to prove it. They box. Austin pulls his tail. Trouble swats at Austin. Then when Cody comes around it takes a few minutes for Trouble to realize that it's the cuddle boy not the fighting boy.



Time for me to start the glam routine... hope you have a great Friday!

0 comments: