My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Truth Day Tuesday

It's back again! Our day to really 'fess up to our deepest, darkest secrets. A chance to bring those old skeletons right out of the closet. Time to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothin' but the truth so help us God.

Mine will be few because I'm eager to get on the road but I'm making myself wait until ten am to hopefully avoid any traffic snarls.

I went to the doctor today. He was not pleased. My blood pressure was up. My weight was about the same but still way too much. I haven't been taking all the meds he prescribed... honestly... some of them I completely forgot about in the move. I had to confess that I hadn't had a "woman doctor visit" since Dr. Parker left, which was more than a year ago. I had to confess that I wasn't comfortable with my cutie-patootie doctor handling that for me. He understood. He thinks I definitely had the flu. He was not happy that I never got a flu shot this year. He thinks I have a kidney infection. Did labs for that. He thinks I have gastritis from the different meds I'm on and.... added two more for my blood pressure. He asked if I was having vision changes. I am. So. All in all... I got an F at the doctors office.

And to make it worse... when it came time to do the urinalysis I. could. not. pee. Me, the girl with a one hour bladder capacity, the girl who restricts liquids when I am traveling... not a drop. I was so embarrassed. Not too embarrassed to share it with you all, apparently. They took my blood and I finished off the water bottle I was drinking and was successful in my second attempt. And, wouldn't you know? My bladder was about to BUST by the time I finished my errands and got back home.

I found a pair of glasses in the parking lot of the doctors office - bifocals - and took them in to the receptionist. It was a lot of extra steps but it seemed like the right thing to do.

I did the drawing for the gift card that I told y'all I was going to do last Tuesday. Yes, it took me a week. And I have to confess that I didn't actually draw names. Don't shoot me or report me to the Blog Police. I looked at all the people who responded and I picked someone who I knew really needed a little pick me up. I looked at all the potential winners and I knew - for most of you anyways - that you would have WANTED me to do it that way because you are all a loving, generous, awesome bunch of ladies and you know that has to be the way I really feel because it's Truth Day.

I celebrated my (not) awesome visit to the doctor by having pizza for breakfast. I may not live long but I'll dang sure enjoy myself along the way.

I've worried all night about remembering to lower the thermostat and turn off the hot water heater. I must do this before I leave the mountain house.

I slept magnificently last night and did not want to get up.

I forgot to eat dinner last night.

I went and secured my post office box in Cleveland today. If you want to mail me stuff there, knowing that I won't get it for a little bit of time, until I'm back in town, the address is P. O. Box 986, Cleveland, GA, 30528. Having a P. O. Box makes me feel all mysterious and mature.

Ok. Folks. That's all I've got for now. Maybe more later.

I'm not offering a prize this week because I am obviously LOUSY at following through on it but I hope you'll still take advantage of the opportunity to bare your soul on Truth Day and I might just get inspired to send you something ANYWAY.

Love and hugs, y'all.



(Oscar the dog coveting my pancakes the other day.)


0 comments: