My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, November 19, 2009

my grown up Christmas list

You know that really sweet song about the grown up Christmas list? The one that’s altruistic and peace loving and not the least bit commercial or material? Ok. This is NOT like that at all. Feel free to add your own items in comments.

1. Four new tires and a tune up and whatever it will take to keep my 2004 Nissan Sentra running for the next five years. At least. Plus detailing. There is still glitter in the backseat from the girls’ 4th of July hats.
2. At least two weeks paid vacation and a week or two of sick leave. I’m just sayin’…
3. A few of those buddy passes from airline employees that used to be much easier to come by. Don’t know where I want to go yet. But it would be nice to have the option. Chicago to see Purple Michael. New York to hang out with Candice and Shadow and my brother. Pennsylvania with Ryan. San Francisco with Jen again. Boston with Jess. And the thousands of places in between that I haven’t yet seen.
4. A karaoke machine.
5. A treadmill. It might just become a fancy clothes rack … but it might not!
6. Straight hair.
7. High metabolism
8. A new recliner. My pepto bismol pink one is stuck in the recline position so I have to climb in and out of it. Not easy some days.
9. A clean bathtub.
10. A “get thin quick pill” that is not hazardous to your health.
11. A dozen people who want to buy life insurance.
12. Tickets to the SEC Championship Game at the Georgia Dome. And to the BCS Championship game if Florida is playing. To see Tim Tebow’s last college game… *sigh*
13. A new vacuum cleaner.
14. Pot holders. We only have one and I can never find it.
15. One of those pampered chef baking stones. I had a perfect one and it was somehow lost between my three moves with Michael.
16. A year without doctor visits. At least a year.

Making a huge decision about my health insurance. I’ve decided to raise my deductible to $2,500. It saves me $2,775 in premium to have the potential of $1,350 more deductible. That deductible scares me but it also translates into over a hundred dollars more per paycheck. Since Austin’s dad is still out of work… I’m going to have to do whatever I can to cut costs and dang it! I am NOT getting rid of my satellite tv or internet! I did give up the cell phone. I hate to talk on it anyways. I would use it to text but… it wasn’t worth the expense.

It’s been 14 months since I left Michael. 14 months today. My how time flies when you’re having fun!

2 comments:

stasha said...

Aunt Heather, if you want me to clean your bath tub just ask me and I'll be more than happy to clean it for you! heck if you want me to I'll come by and clean the whole house! Just ask! Love you! see you Sunday?!

Anonymous said...

I'd like a chance to talk to my parents & a purpose. Could you deliver those please? No gift wrapping nec.

Hmm. My tub isn't exactly pristine. Point taken.