My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, November 22, 2009

*yawn* part two

I'm curled up under a fuzzy, warm blanket watching Nascar.
I don't much care for Nascar but it's the last race of the season.
Some of the most pleasant memories for me with Michael are from his brother Tim's house... watching Nascar while the Darby boys grilled every kind of meat imagineable - caveman style. There were times that there were a dozen Darby/Sauls boys and me - the only girl. I was never bored. Although, really... I don't care much for Nascar.
Go fast, turn left.
I'm kidding.
Not really. It's boring.
I just finished watching an hour long documentary about Niagara Falls.
It turns out that Kentucky beat Georgia last night, ending a 32 year streak... so my post was sort of prophetic, it turns out.
I made a really good roast in the crockpot yesterday. I had leftovers today.
I didn't sleep well last night and woke up with a headache. I think I was sleeping with one eye open, making sure Austin didn't sneak out again.
He was upset with me last night when he got home because I actually yelled at him and banished him to his room. He said I was stressing him out.
Cry me a river.
That's what I actually told him.
At least he always knows where I am.
I thought about locking him out when he disappeared last night but I was worried that I would be asleep when he got home and wouldn't hear him knocking and then he might end up staying away all night.
So I locked the door he normally comes in and left the other one unlocked.
I thought I was pretty smart.
It worked, actually.
He had a brief few seconds of panic until he tried the other door. *he he*
We're coming up on a three day work week and then a four day weekend. I'm really happy about that!
Stasha stopped by to see me today since I didn't go to church! How sweet!
There are at least two commercials out right now that use "Santa Baby" as their theme music.
Santa Baby is my FAVORITE Christmas song...
I mean, other than the traditional, holy, Christian songs.
And "Mary, Did You Know?" I love that one.
Are you bored yet?
I've had a good day.
Hope you have too.
I think I'm going to make some grits...
Love and hugs!

1 comments:

stasha said...

=] I love you Aunt Heather! =] and you are stressing Austin out? wow he needs a reality check! I'll try and talk to him sometime if you want! see you tomorrow right?