My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

whiny wednesday

It’s Wednesday already! How’d that happen?

Well… you go home exhausted from adjusting to the time change… and you have a little tummy trouble (details of which I’ll spare you) and spend Tuesday curled up in a painful ball in your pepto bismol pink recliner… then you come in to work to find out that for some reason your cash box has been converted to one third COINS… when you normally keep an amount that is appropriate for the amount of business you do… and stay pissed off all morning over it… and then all of a sudden you realize that your work week is half over… in the blink of an eye…

And so here we are at Whiny Wednesday! Thanks for playing along!

I was supposed to have lunch today with Crunch & Munch… don’t get all excited… just an “old friends catching up” sort of thing. He is supposed to be off on Wednesdays… then he ended up having to work so that has been postponed.

Instead I’m going to run out and grab something quick and cheap- even though I had promised myself I would be bringing from home to save money. See… what happened was… we have had so much rain that we have an overabundance of flies… and some itty bitty flies got into my bread – both loaves – even though neither loaf had been opened yet – and I haven’t had the opportunity to purchase more bread. THEN… I was going to bring a lean cuisine to eat and I got in a rush at the last minute this morning and forgot it. I almost forgot my meds… which would have been a bigger issue… and in my rush to go back and take the meds, I forgot to grab something out of the freezer.

I thought about just fasting today. Seriously. We’re doing this big study on prayer and I’m really excited about becoming a better/more disciplined prayer warrior because I so thoroughly believe that prayer changes things. I think that even IF prayer doesn’t change the circumstances, it goes a long way toward changing your perspective. You simply cannot make yourself vulnerable before the Creator in honest supplication and not feel differently. Even if all you’ve done is take a few minutes to clear your mind and meditate… it helps.

Lunch ended up being a veggie sub and a trip to pay my internet/phone/satellite bill. Yee haw. I was going to pick something up for Jessie’s birthday (Jim and Angie’s adopted daughter) but it took too long to do those two things… so I found a funny and very inappropriate card and modified it with sharpie marker to make it appropriate because I KNOW Jessie will appreciate that.

The veggie sub was $2.94. Not exactly a splurge. And my appetite is weird right now… still have a little bit of a sore throat, nothing tastes right and my tummy is still less than 100% so I didn’t eat it all.

Yesterday I ate pretty much nothing except sweetarts. I don’t know why. You’d think I’d gorge on chocolate. Nope. Sweetarts. Or that I would not eat at all..

Just a little over two hours left in my work day… then home to Cleveland, a trip to the gas station, church and back home around 8pm. Still a lot of hours left in my day but I’m determined to remain out and about among the 3-dimensional people today. Even if my head hurts, my throat hurts, my tummy hurts, my wrist hurts… I’m not going to sit home tonight.

This is sort of a big deal for me because lately I’m feeling closed off and isolated. I think depression manifests itself in different ways. For me, I just want to be left alone. I blog less, answer fewer emails, make fewer status updates… it’s easier to not deal with people at all than to feel less than my usual charming self. And with that...

Ok… got a lot to do. Love and hugs y’all!

0 comments: