Auntie Em! Auntie Em!
We're hundreds of miles away from the eye of Hurricane Sandy and yet, here in the southern suburbs of Atlanta, we are experiencing strong winds. God bless all y'all in a more direct path! Praying God's protection and provision for you during the next few days.
It may not feel like it if you're in a part of the world that is hunkered down to prepare for the Frankenstorm, but here in Georgia it's Monday... and I'm determined to find Reasons to Love it!
1. Wall to wall storm coverage on the tv. I love it. I'm a catastrophe junkie. I was destined to be in the insurance industry because I have such a tender heart for those who are suffering. I'm a great commiserater. If that's a word.
2. On Saturday I predicted that Obama would use Sandy as an excuse/reason for him to not be re-elected and/or, I predict that he will not relinquish the Presidency, even if voted out of office based on the process being unfair since the location being targeted is a big liberal leaning area. I heard the first talking point yesterday from a Democratic Strategist who stated, "Republicans will use this as an opportunity to disenfranchise Democratic voters". Give me a freakin' break! It's an act of nature! What did Republicans do to cause it? And wouldn't it disenfranchise equally? Ugh.
3. I stumbled across this today and thought it was interesting... 218 Reasons NOT to vote for Obama . If you're a google addict like me, you can just google "Reasons not to vote for Obama" and you'll find hundreds of similar essays.
4. Austin gets his iphone4 today. He's had a rough past few months. It's hard to strike out on your own, especially if you're not really ready for it. He's really, very much been a pleasure to be around since he's been back with us. Mama and daddy's house in Riverdale is small... four bedrooms but they're all packed to capacity... there's only one bathroom... Austin is sleeping on a massage table in the computer room and he's really just rolled with the flow. There's tons of room in the mountain house but none of us can be there full time yet and he doesn't drive or have a car available so we can't leave him there alone. He's been really, very, incredibly cooperative. I can't emphasize enough how helpful he's been around here. He doesn't have a job yet but he's hesitant. It's very different here than it is in the mountains. He needs a little pick me up and his mawmaw, who spoils all her grandkids when given the chance, indulged him in a new phone. He's thrilled because it's much newer technology than he had before. I'm thrilled because it's cheaper than what I've been paying for his phone (which, for now, I'm doing). Happy kid = happy mommy and happy mawmaw.
5. I had a great night's sleep last night. I was feeling really icky yesterday... headache came back... earache came back... my eye was really weak (and it still is, not as bad, though)... so I went to bed early and slept great. I got up once to pee and little kitty was offended that I was moving the warm blankets so he snagged my thumb with his claw. It hurt really bad. Other than that, it was a great night's sleep.
6. I'm working today, off tomorrow, working the next three days, off for two days... I mean... for a girl who battles chronic pain and fatigue and needs "recovery" days... this is a perfect job. And have I mentioned how much I love my job? Love it.
7. My co-worker Nancy is having lapband surgery today. She has worked sooooo hard sticking to her liquid diet to prepare for it. She wants to be healthy and I'm so proud of her! Praying that everything goes well for her and she's back at work soon. She is on the other side of my office and there is a window between us so we exchange eyerolls and shrugs and giggles all day. I can't wait to see her transition into skinny wench!
8. It's gonna be cool all day so I can wear my cute boots and tights and warm long skirt and I just love it!
Time to get ready for work... hope you all have a great day and stay safe! *hugs*
Monday, October 29, 2012
Auntie Em! Auntie Em!
Posted by Heather at 6:53 AM