My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thankful Thursday - From the Mountain House

I'm curled up in the recliner at the mountain house... fuzzy blanket, fuzzy pjs, fuzzy socks... nursing a mug of hot chocolate and wondering if 7pm is too early to go to sleep.

The work day was long but not too long. The drive up was swift but we still took time to stop and smell the roses have an early dinner at Cracker Barrel. The skies were gray with little pockets of sunshine spotlighting fall colors. The view from the back porch was...

 something like this... like a Whispering Bob Ross painting. 

It's been a good day. And yes, I think if I was a real student of the School of Gratitude, I would express all the things for which I'm thankful at the start, instead of the end of Thankful Thursday, but sometimes you just have to get to the end of the day to really count your blessings. Here are mine, in no particular order:

1. Fuzzy socks
2. Fuzzy pjs 
3. Fuzzy blankets (I'm obviously working backwards)
4. Having my kid nearby 
5. A safe *and swift* drive to the mountains
6. Mountain views and vistas without nauseating, scary mountain roads.
7. Cracker Barrel. The country fried steak and gravy isn't as good as Pop's but it will do in a pinch.
8. Clove gum (sold at Cracker Barrel) which Austin described as a cross between Big Red and Juicy Fruit.
9. Comfy furniture in the living room of the mountain house - not having to go up and down stairs to nest.
10. Ice cream in the freezer.
11. Four whole days off!
12. Peace and quiet.
13. Real darkness... the kind where the inky black envelops you like a blanket and you can actually see the stars.
14. Finding pictures that I had taken and not yet downloaded like this... and this.... 
 and this one too...
 
15. A Disco Ball for the Whine Cellar aka the basement aka my suite... which Austin is happily enjoying this weekend... with his tv and xbox and so forth....  
Life is good, y'all. 


0 comments: