My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, October 15, 2012

Up All Night and Just Wanna Go Back To Sleep Reasons to Love Monday

I had such a rough night that I'm tempted to swear, except I try not to. My back was hurting so bad that I got out of bed and got into the recliner with the heating pad. This normally will take the edge off things to the point that I can sleep and might have worked if not for a little kitty who wanted treats and kept whining and patting me on the arm trying to get treats. I woke up to a bad storm... which sort of explains the back pain that woke me up. Bad weather = arthritis flare = muscle spasms + pain = grumpy Monday.

Seriously, I very nearly just got up, took another ambien with a nyquil chaser and made this a "sleep it away Monday". Instead, I poured me a big cup of coffee... cuddled up with the Oscar dog and decided to try to find some Reasons to Love Monday. Help me Jesus.

1.  Ten. She's ten. How did that happen? Where did the time go? And how did we get so blessed as to have an angel girl who is beautiful, kind and smart? I can't wait until her birthday party at the end of this month. She thinks it's cool that she is my facebook profile picture right now. Our family waited thirty four years after me to have a girl born into our family and she was worth the wait!

 2. He's here. He still wants to live in the mountains and this little detour is temporary, he hopes. They got evicted from the house they were living in... he has plans to get an apartment with Fat Pat but he has to have a job first. In the meantime... he's crashing here on the couch and at least for a little while I don't have to worry about where he is or what he's doing or whether he's eating or wearing clean clothes. The important thing is that he came here by choice and he remembered that I had told him I would always be here for him. We had a great lunch out yesterday and although he's changed the dynamics around here... he's here. God is good.

 3. And what, you say, makes a dog peeing a "Reason to Love Monday"? It just makes me laugh, that's all. Crazy dog who thinks he must have human body heat or else he'll die. If my mom starts getting ready he comes to find me. I got up for a few minutes and I come back to find he's bogarted my heating pad. He's a rotten little dog and I missed him while he was in the mountains with the parents. 

4. This is one of those days that I don't know that I can make it through my abbreviated work day but it's one of those days that I'm still gonna try. I love my job. I want to be there, even if it hurts.

5. How I Met Your Mother is on tonight. New episode. 

6. Three more sleeps, twenty hours at work, one hundred miles and I'm back at the Mountain House for four nights. Four peaceful days of reading, internetting (I made that word up), enjoying the peace and quiet and all that. Plus job hunting with Austin, advance voting, hopefully updating my drivers license and getting Austin's benefit stuff straightened out. 

7. Tomorrow is payday. 

 8. My sweet Jamie-gurl... our little cheerleader. She is soooo much my mini-me! She makes the world a better place just by being in it. 

 9. She's such a good big sister. She was helping Jamie with her worms. Bait worms, that is. Our Mountain House is (for most everyone except me) our family's favorite fishing hole. (I don't fish). 

 10. Ten years ago yesterday I started working for State Farm. Other than my unintentional sabbatical this year, it's been my career, my identity. It wasn't what I "wanted to be when I grew up" but it's been a good way to make a living and even though it's going to hurt.... even though it's gonna be a struggle... getting to get up and go to a job I love is a HUGE Reason to Love Monday.

I hope you find a few of your own reasons. Happy Monday, y'all. 


0 comments: