My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, November 4, 2010

a quick thankful thursday...

This has to be a quick one because the clock is not my friend this morning...

Soooo much to be thankful for today... I'll probably come back and add a few more as time permits.

It's been a good week *bonus* wise at work. I'm grateful.
I had an awesome time at church last night with my girls... big and little...

Sarabeth and I shared a precious moment. I had given her silly bands... a lot of them... plenty... more than she could use. And her sweet little friend asked for some and SB turned her down. I waited until we had a quiet moment together and talked about how much I enjoy sharing things with other people and how happy it makes me. I told her that I noticed her friend was really disappointed and I thought maybe she could make her feel better. She decided to share with several more people. It was really sweet that she got it... and I love being a part of her life in that way.

Our ladies class watched a video by Jill Briscoe about ministry... it was awesome and I'll share more about it later but she really pierced my heart and reminded me of the work I need to do...

I had lunch with a new friend yesterday. Yes. It's a guy. He's very nice. We've been thru similar circumstances although we are vastly different people with really different backgrounds. I have no idea where this will go but at the very least, I've gained a friend and that's never a bad thing. More about that later... developing...

The scale was nice to me this morning.

The starbucks opens in the next week and I am DEEEEELighted!

Life is good!

3 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

you know how I do, but I wanted to see your weight tracker... congratulation!! I would like to get to that weight myself... not further for me to go... at the rate, should be there for X-mas!!

Sweet that Sarabeth 'got it'... that was nice.

Congrats on the friend. Once you and him start 'knowing' each other, you can make a choice to go further and not feel like it is what you are supposed to be doing, you feel me?

Good luck all around and have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Mark great?

~Patty

Heather said...

I *heart* Mark, without a doubt!