My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, November 26, 2010

random observations and updates

I'm home!
We elected to forego the whole Stone Mountain Christmas experience today as it was cool and rainy and ... there is more fun to be had on a clear day.
Plus. I was tired.
Am tired.
And I want to go ahead and say this today while I still mean it: whatever I gain this week at weigh in, it was worth it.
I may not say that tomorrow morning... but right NOW... I will tell you that taking a short vacation from counting points was ok.
It was worth it to have a fabulous thanksgiving dinner.
Worth it to have breakfast with my hen party this morning... although I stayed around 500 calories by eating off the lite menu.
Worth it to go to the pizza buffet with Purple Michael... we laughed so hard we both had tears in our eyes.
Worth the hummus I just ate.
I'm back on track... ready to put my nose to the grindstone and my feet to the pavement.
But this little break was good for me and I'm willing to bet it was good for my metabolism too.
Shake things up a bit.
I'm exhausted. My ear hurts... I think it's just from clenching my jaw while I was on the road.
I'm so glad to be back in my nest with my bitties that I could just burst.
I love my family... but I love being home.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great seeing you this morning ~ will have to do it again when we can visit longer. Maybe I can come to Cleveland one day ~ we'll see :)

Those dog-gone elves did make their appearance at my house. Nathan was a happy camper :) Doug will be too ;)

Love you and hope you have a great rest-of-your-long weekend. I'm tired. Had a blast working with the girls sorting shoe-boxes, but it was very tiring. I'm ready for bed now, and have to get up early in the morning to do it again!

Love you and hope to see you again real soon ~ and your post this morning was sweet ~ you know, Natalie's curls get pulled every day, too :)