My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Saturday, November 27, 2010

whiny saturday

I don't feel good.
My hand hurts where Bitty impaled me. I have neosporin on it but it's hot and red.
I got some nasty anonymous comments on that last post that I had to delete.
Personal attacks will not be tolerated on my blog. Life is hard enough without cyber bullies.
What I choose to do with my time is my choice... who I go out with, when I go out, is my choice as long as it's legal and moral.
And most things I do are.
I wasn't feeling up to meeting someone for the first time today.
I'm normally very energetic. Today I'm not. I'm dragging bad.
Maybe it is a shadow of the creeping crud that Austin has.
Maybe it's cat scratch fever. Argh.
I've had a raging case of icks today and if I want to avoid sharing that with people I will.
And if you don't like it... go read someone else's blog.
I was trying to do a favor for a friend and take some pictures of their kids for Christmas gifts... they got all snippy with me when I expressed my ideas of different locations and shots... guess my creativity was a little too much for them and I was summarily dismissed.
You're welcome.
I just know that I hate that I don't have many pictures of me with my kids. I was always the one behind the lens... I was trying to make sure they had a few good ones. Whatever.
Why are people so mean?
And Florida lost bad today. My son didn't call me on Thanksgiving but he called to brag that his team won.
This is it. This is exactly why I hate the holidays. No good deed goes unpunished.
I truly do just want to tuck myself into my nest and not re-emerge until January 2nd.
I've been up since 3:30 am and that may have something to do with my whiny Saturday. It's out of the ordinary for me, for sure.
I'm usually a Happy Saturday girl.
Maybe I'll be a Happy Sunday girl.
Love and hugs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, Heather. DON'T you dare let whomever was the "Anonymous" bully get you down! You do NOT need to make excuses for anyone as to why ... or when ... you do, or do not want to put on your happy face and go on a date! It's YOUR journey ... and no one should have the gall to nudge you (or in this case be a rude, callous pr*ck and steamroll you) along any faster than you want to go. Wouldn't we all LOVE to see what kind of shape THAT person's life is in! I'll bet it's a total trainwreck! And, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that the "Anonymous" bully was at the very least .... drunk; but possibly mentally compromised.

Now, about Thanksgiving ... and your son ... and the football game. Try to take it as a compliment that he chose to bond with you in a kind of inside-out manner over the game. To guys, football is way more exciting and fun than Thanksgiving. I hope you can be glad that you were on his speed dial after the game!

Take care, my friend. You are doing great!
Hugs,
~Patty

p.s.... I'm sick with a cold and I tried to replicate something close to one of your soups, cuz it sounded like a good, healthy and appetizing thing to do. Well, I'm eating it now ... and I guess I better go back into your blog and write down some of your recipes. My creation isn't very tasty : ( But, I'm gonna eat it cuz it's healthy : )

Becky said...

Hope you're feeling better and getting some rest, dear girl. Good for you for establishing boundaries. I don't understand mean people, either.

Any chance that a bit of claw broke off under the skin?

Anonymous said...

Oy. I am so sorry you were attacked. Don't let the bastards get you down. Seriously, don't.

You've got a life and you need to lead it, Cha Cha.

This is a tough time of year. It can be rewarding, but it's hard too. You've made progress and you're going to make more. Don't give up.

I regret that I have not been as vocal in my support for you, but fear not, it is there.

Your attacker has my pity. You have my respect.

Bam!

Anonymous said...

I wondered what had been deleted when I read the other comment on your last entry. Sorry to hear about that. Sorry your son is insensitive - I know you worked like a dog to raise that kid and that's how he shows his thanks?!? Sorry your cat clawed you - that sounds painful. Sorry you didn't feel up to going out yesterday. Sorry your "friend" treated you rudely about the pictures. But please, don't let other people's inappropriate actions make you feel down and out about yourself. Too many times we let the attitudes and actions of others cloud our thoughts and well-being. I pray you have a good Sunday.
Ly,
Mary