My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, July 18, 2011

be it ever so humble, there's no place like home.

I came back from lunch early today to blog and we were too busy so I'm using that last bit of lunch to update. When I leave work today, I'm going HOME for the first time since July 1st. (after work, that is). Be it ever so messy... there's no place like home.

We're getting there. That's what I keep telling myself. Our "textiles" were delivered today and I am skeered of what awaits me at home. I resisted the urge to be home when they were delivered because I know the mess would have gotten me in it's grip and there's no way I would have made it back to work.

Guess if there was ever a day when I didn't need to be bothered by internet, it's today. I'll do what I can, take a cool bath and go to bed. Stasha's coming over with a microwave around 8pm - I told her she might not see my eyeballs. She's ok with that. It wouldn't be the first time.

The internet should be working tomorrow. Laptop battery charger charging away. The fur babies and the teen are adapting to our new digs. I think Austin is bonding quite nicely with the handy man. I knew he would. Austin already knows more of the animals in the neighborhood than I do. He's got plans to build a firepit. He's identified a new indigenous moth...

I'm wiped out. Coughing. Got a little of the reflux happening and it burns like a hot poker in my throat. Guess this explains the fever I started running on Saturday.

Have an appointment in the morning for the echocardiogram - 8am, a good 1/2 hour, 45 minute drive away. I really want to go to sleep and sleep for a week. I'm dizzy. I can't take any cough /cold type medicine because of my ever volatile blood pressure.

I still haven't lined up our trash service... I spent most of my "spare" time today redoing a lot of things I did on Friday. The satellite for Austin's tv is the same wavelength as someone else in our neck of the woods. Had to spend time on the phone with some woman named "Cecil". Apparently in "customer service in a foreign land 101" they teach you to take an american name but aren't real clear on male/female names.

Groceries? Not yet.

I did manage to deposit my paycheck.

I also managed to talk to my claims adjuster and he's working on my inital claims check.

Of course... Mr. Postman who was going to drop the key for our box off at the apartment on Saturday didnt... and he is off today... but the helpful lady at the post office said it would take ten days for them to start forwarding my mail. It would have been MORE helpful if she had told me that when I was taking the hold off my mail - because I would have left the hold on rather than risking claims checks being sent to a mailbox at a burned out location.

I got an awesome letter complete with pictures in the mail from Patti in California. Her happily ever after... so sweet!

Sarabeth, my gorgeous niece, got her glasses today. I can't wait to see them.

I can't remember if someone is bringing dinner tonight. I'm gonna chance it and have pb&j if not.

I can't wait to get home... to my new nest...

0 comments: