My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, July 29, 2011

things that make me go, "hmmmm?"

I just can't get past Nancy Pelosi's statement yesterday that "What we're trying to do is save the world from the Republican budget. We're trying to save life on this planet as we know it today."


Hmmm? How is that? How about trying to save the United States from financial ruin? How about repealing Obamacare which has stopped all potential of job growth WHICH could/would turn around the economy? I mean, if I'm an employer and I'm facing having to spend money on employee healthcare that my business might possibly not be able to afford... and the uncertainty of "we have to vote on the bill and then we can read it"... which is not an exact quote, it's paraphrased... but she said it.

And at least there is one common goal: the non-democrats, be they Republican, Independent, Tea Party or Martian... are trying to save life on this planet as we know it today too.

And... while I'm on it... I'm thinking I don't like life on this planet as we know it today. I think everyone in political office needs to take the weekend off and read the constitution and then come back and do the job they were elected to do.

By the way... I haven't seen Obama's budget plan. Isn't the President supposed to have some skin in this game?

DId you know (I didn't- because I don't REALLY follow politics) that when the debt ceiling has been raised in the past (and it has UH-LOT) it has been for an average of seven months? Yet... this is why all the non-Republicans - including the President and Senate are insisting they will not accept a "short term proposal" such as Boehner's Bill. Or is it that they want to make sure they don't have to do this again until after the 2012 election? Hmmm?

I'm just sick to death of the whole mess. I'm sick of the bickering, the divisiveness, I'm sick of having the anointed one, who was supposed to be a uniter, consistently attacking and deriding people who don't have the same political beliefs as himself.

In other news... my new (to me) washing machine is scheduled to be delivered TODAY! I found a used machine that was (supposedly) only about a year and a half old (although they don't have receipts to prove it, I asked) for $200 and they will deliver. Delivery is huge because if I had paid full price for a brand new machine, because of the rather remote area in which I reside, I would be paying mucho dinero for delivery.

The dryer is still not exactly procured but our Youth Pastor at church thinks his dad has one that he's looking to get rid of. I've got a good lead on it, anyways. I may have to buy one of those drying racks for a week or so... I'm getting a supplemental claim check next week that will help purchase a dryer. Wish me luck, y'all.

The last of our textiles were delivered yesterday. Austin helped me out quite a bit by sorting through the things that could be easily dealt with and breaking down those boxes. Of course... that means that one day after getting all the empty boxes out of the living room - there's a whole new load of them waiting. I'm going to make a run to the dump tomorrow with as much as my little car can hold.

I spent my lunch dealing with the textile delivery and subsequently was one big ball of pain by the time I got home yesterday. I was asleep ridiculously early and slept about ten hours last night. It's crazy, I know. I just have so much pain... my left foot has been bothering me for about a month and a half and at times I can barely put any weight on it. The pain doctor said it was plantar fascitis, which I've been diagnosed with before but this feels different... the pain from my foot shoots up into my back... and ditto for the pain in my left hand/elbow/shoulder.

But today is Friday and we're slowly but surely getting back to normal.
Hope you have a great Friday and an awesome weekend!


0 comments: