My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, June 29, 2012

The Adventures of Trouble, also known as Little Kitty

Hey... what's in there?

Who me? I'm not trying to get in there....

No... I'm just doing a little stretching...

Can you spot two kitties in this photo?

"Whatcha doin'?" Oscar investigates The Nest

"And I will hug him... and squeeze him..."  

Standing guard at the doorway. 

Hiding behind the chair for protection from Lily

"Who me? Just chillin' on the table... not trying to touch the goggie"

"Just a little closer"...

Yes, I think it's safe to say that Trouble aka Little Kitty is feeling right at home here and beginning to explore the world around him. He has a window perch in my room, a window perch that he's discovered in Pop's room. He is getting over his fear of Mawmaw (or, as he saw her, "the lady who brings the goggies with her"). He has started patrolling his territory. He has learned that if he looks pitiful, Pop will feed him in the morning. He learned that there are lots of nooks and crannies to explore in the Utility Room. He has started camping out with Mawmaw when she gets on the computer. He has intimidated Sammy, my granddog. He still has a healthy fear of Lily, the "big goggie"  but thinks if he hides behind things (like the chair) he can "poke a stick at the tiger". He still bullies Stubby. He won't drink from the communal water bowl and still wants me to run water in the tub while I go to the bathroom so he can splash in it. He supervises me when I cook or wash dishes or go to the bathroom. If I don't take him in the bathroom with me, he stands outside the door and waits for me. He can open the cabinet doors and is trying to learn how to turn a door knob. He still won't let Cody get near him. He spends about 50% of his time sleeping under the bed and about 40% of the time sleeping on the bed with me. 

And Stubby continues to be a furry piece of furniture.

2 comments:

monique said...

I think it's great that you with your Mom and Dad and furbabies galore. You are very fortunate to be there and it gives you time to catch your breath and regroup. You need that. All the best to you.
Monica

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Glad Little Kitty is getting settled in! Those goggies are trouble aren't they?