My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Cats + String = Good Times!

Take a piece of string... wrap a screw in a piece of plastic and tie it to the end of the string. Add a teenage boy and two cats and you've got entertainment for days! Or at least until the plastic gets shredded and the screw hits the sliding glass door. Don't worry, the glass didn't break.



Trouble is still a very frisky kitty and loves chasing things. He is so hilarious when he gets on his hind legs and jumps for things.


Even Stubby couldn't resist after watching the fun for a little while. They worked together to gain control. 



It was the most fun we've had in days!

I made a quick trip to Leaf Grocery (it's a little gas station that also sells food, it's the closest store to us) and noticed that we're really starting to see some fall color. The trees around the lake are really starting to get colorful and the reflection off the lake is beautiful.

I stepped outside with Oscar this afternoon and let him crunch around in the leaves. He much prefers the backyard to the front yard poop pen.



Mom made applesauce bread this morning and it was soooo good! Yesterday she made peanut butter cookies. I still haven't tried my hand at making a pound cake but I will, some day. This is the kind of weather that lends itself to baking.

The pain of the day today is joint pain. Less of the hernia/whateveritis pain and more of the joint aches and pains. Not bad enough to need the "hard stuff". That's a good day.

Last month I ordered some leggings from zulily. I don't subscribe to the "one size fits all" notion and I don't believe all body types should go out in public in leggings. One of the cashiers at Walmart yesterday had on leggings with her Walmart smock. She was a good sized woman and the leggings were tight enough that you saw every jiggle. I was surprised that it passed dress code.  I ordered leggings in my actual size because yes, they do make them. My leggings came today and they are the softest material my legs have ever felt. It was like every nerve in my legs was singing the Hallelujah Chorus. I promise, fair citizens of White County, not to assault your eyes by venturing out in public in these comfy things but if you stop by Cedar Hollow, all bets are off. Of course, by the time you pass Serendipity (the nudist resort around the corner) you've already needed eye bleach.

UPS Man, you have been warned.

Of course most delivery men around here are of the drop and dash variety. They hear Oscar and see Lily and think they're about to lose a limb.

Anyways. That was my Tuesday. Love and hugs, y'all.

0 comments: