My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Just a Drive-by

It turns out that dog sittin' doesn't involve as much sittin' as you might hope, even with old girls. Especially with old girls. I relieved Austin at 7:45 this morning... he had slept some (and eaten a lot) and had to take the girls out a few times during his shift. He dealt more with Lady trying to gnaw her hide off again. I sent him down to the Whine Cellar so he could rest and I got busy cleaning up his mess. By my count he ate approximately 12 times last night. And thus began my second shift of dog sitting.

I have a ragin' headache. My throat is killing me. I'm running a fever, complete with chills. It's just a continuation of the sinus stuff because my head sounds like a hollow melon. My ears hurt. I feel dizzy and disconnected. It's so hard to tell if it's really illness. The fibro stuff when it rears it's ugly head feels a lot like flu. I could wake up in the morning feeling fine. Or I could wake up feeling like I have weights hanging from every limb like I did today. So every time the dogs needed to go out... have more water... get a biscuit... whatever... it wore me out getting up and tending to them. I tried to take a nap this afternoon because I really, really needed it and I got about thirty minutes in before I had a dog in my face.

Day two is done. Praise the Lord. I'm in the "Cat House" and am curled up under a snuggie. The only time I have to get up is when I have to go to the bathroom. I can hold it. I hope Austin does as well with the girls as he did last night - meaning he didn't have to wake me up - and I hope he does better with his own stuff - meaning I hope I don't have to wash a sink full of dishes when I get up. I never managed to brush my hair or my teeth today. For lunch I made hash browns with eggs. For dinner I had carrot sticks with hummus. My sinus stuff is making me not want to eat. All I wanna do is sleep. Last night I dropped off really early. I missed a call from a buddy who wanted to come hang out. I would have been bad company. With unbrushed hair (shown above) and needy animals.

Tomorrow is my day to hang out with the nieces. Tuesday is my doctor's visit. The dogs are going to be unsupervised both times (unless Austin bucks up and handles it) so I'll be doing some pee and poop removal both days.

I'm so exhausted tonight that I can't even imagine climbing the stairs again. Maybe after a good night's sleep I'll be functional.

That's all I've got. Love, hugs and snowflakes, y'all!




1 comments:

monique said...

I hope you had an OK day.
Nite nite-
m~