My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, December 13, 2013

Seven Quick Takes on Friday Night

I'm not linking up with the nice ladies who do 7QT on Fridays this week. They're all awesome ladies but I don't feel like doing complicated things like linking. Which should tell you what my state of mind is about right now because linking is no harder than blinking and takes about that long. But I still want to stick to the Seven Quick Takes theme so it will give me some blogging mojo.

1.
I had the worst pain flare up last night that I have ever had. Even worse than the abdominal pain that is of the devil. Even worse than childbirth times three. It laid me flat. Sweet people lifted me up in prayer and by some great cosmic consequence, I got up this morning feeling so. much. better. I've got some tight muscles in my back and when those go into spasms it's no kind of fun. Mostly it wears me out... if a muscle is contracting for no good reason and it does it long enough, you eventually feel like you've actually worked that muscle which makes me tired. But the muscle spasms, although uncomfortable, are not anything near the kind of pain I had last night. I'm grateful.

2.
My grandma, bless her sweet 90 year old soul, has been determined to find some sort of device that would make my back issues easier to live with. She finally found this really nice lumbar support brace and the second I put it on and got everything aligned and held firmly in place, it was immediately better. Enough of an improvement that I would wear it under my clothes and let people think that extra two inches of gut is really gut. Not to mention the inevitable muffin topping over the brace. If I have to choose between looking good and feeling good - I'm feeling good all day long. Cuz if I look good but feel miserable, then I'm gonna act ugly. Pretty is as pretty does so even if I look pretty, if I act ugly it's a wash. I'll just feel good, tote that extra inch of fluffy goodness with pride and maybe it will improve my quality of life.

3.
I got a box of goodies in the mail today from a friend from school. They are uh-mazing! It got me in the mood to do some baking. Pop and I are going shopping tomorrow so maybe we can stock up on baking supplies and I can knock out some holiday treats before they come back next week. Very very soon my little brother Bryan will be here from New York... my son Ryan and his lovely lady Sara will be here from PA... and Cody and my COLLEGE EDUCATED daughter-in-law Marquee will be here. Everyone spends the night on the 23rd and then the morning of the 24th is our Christmas morning. I can't wait! So many people I love all in the same room and I don't have to drive anywhere to get to them! SCORE!

4.
My parents are going to rent out their house in Riverdale to a friend of the family. It's so surreal to think about that house not being home any more. Since August of 1976, that's been our family home. But when they bring everything from that home it will give me a microwave and coffee pot for the Whine Cellar. We're looking at putting a cabinet in - or maybe just a table - either way, it's the beginning of the kitchenette in the Whine Cellar and that makes me so very happy.

5.
I've mentioned previously that I was storing my clothes on the top floor and taking my shower up there. Friends, family, people who read my blog because they hate me and want to make sure I'm not talking bad about them, all of you who read my blog, the truth is that I needed to stop climbing two flights of stairs to bathe, glam and get dressed. I've moved my entire glam routine to the Whine Cellar and tonight - for only the second time ever - took a shower in the Whine Cellar bath that I share with Austin. I'm happy to say it worked fine... the shower didn't seem too small... the water pressure was great... the temperature in the room was warm enough... and the short walk to my room to get dressed and dry my hair was a huge bonus. I'm a full time resident of the Whine Cellar now. Y'all come see me, take the tour! If I know you're coming I'll bake a cake.

6.
We're expecting wet weather tomorrow so I dried my hair but I didn't work too hard on styling it. Tomorrow I'll turn into a fuzz ball the first step I take outside. If I see you in town tomorrow, you can pretend like you don't know me. I won't mind.

7.
I don't know if this means that I've totally given up... or if it means that I'm totally comfortable with my sense of style but at this very moment I am wearing a long sleeve tshirt, a sundress over the long sleep tshirt., a hoodie with holes in it (like, old and torn up holes, not artsy holes for decoration) leggings and bright blue fuzzy socks. If we got burned out of this house, I'd be on the local news in this outfit. And people around the world are going to think I've been attending the Church of Lindsay Lohan (no class)...  I just put pieces together for the best level of warmth and a shred of modesty.

And that's about all I've got for today. Happy Weekend, y'all! Love and hugs!

3 comments:

Sweetnessk71 said...

Hello I tried emailing you to find out if you got the email from Zulily? please let me know either way. Glad you are feeling better. Take care

Heather said...

I soooo did not see that! Thank you so much. I can't wait to go shopping! *hugs* Heather

Red*Hot@55! said...

Wow - you have people that read your blog that hate you and want to make sure you aren't talking about you?!?! How could anyone hate you? And how could anyone worry that you'd have anything truly mean to say about them?

I know the feeling though - I have (or had) my share of haters, too, that would always read my blogs, but fortunately that silliness has long since stopped.

Glad your pain level is better! Have a wonderful week!