My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday Updates


  • In 26 days my youngest will be 20. My age never makes me feel old but my kids' ages do. 
  • Tomorrow is my daughter-in-law's birthday. She'll be 24. Happy Birthday Marquee! 
  • The Olympics start in four days and I'm so excited. Living in a fairly mild climate, I have never participated in Winter sports - I can't even ice skate - couldn't even when I was young and fairly fit - but I still enjoy the pageantry of it all. 
  • I think it's terribly sad that Phillip Seymour Hoffman died from heroin overdose. I've been in some really low spots in my life but I thank God that I've never battled with substance abuse. I don't understand what makes people vulnerable to these kind of things but my heart hurts for them. 
  • We've had mild weather today and I've enjoyed it. You guys up North can have your snow. I'm ready for Spring. 
  • I love stepping out on my patio and soaking up a little sun. I need to do that more often.
  • I'm planning to get my hair cut this week. Serious, many, many inches cut. Maybe even tomorrow. The season of marveling at the quantity of hair I can manufacture is officially ending. 
  • I also need to go back to the library because I've finished the three books I picked up last Tuesday. None were really that good but it was a nice "change of scenery". 
  • Besides, who doesn't love a place where you can get stuff for free? #librariesrock
  • Austin cooked dinner tonight- french toast and bacon. He is the BEST french toast maker! 
  • My cat did the CUTEST thing this morning - he was sitting on the bathroom counter after my shower and raised up on his back legs to look in the mirror. The mirror was steamed up so he took his little paw and WIPED THE MIRROR! Once he could see himself, he was satisfied. He jumped back down and waited for me to finish drying off. He's the most human cat I've ever known! #crazycatlady
  • Not cute was Lily the old dog who woke me up this morning barely past daylight. She wandered downstairs which she will do from time to time when she thinks we have food. She can go DOWNstairs but can't go UP the stairs so we have to walk her up the hill outside. She's done this so often that I can open the back door and tell her to "go find Mawmaw" and she'll walk up the hill by herself. I just holler up the stairs for someone to let her in. This morning Pop was deep into bread baking and didn't hear me. I walked upstairs to let her in... and she had wandered down the hill toward the lake. SOOoooo... I walked back downstairs and called after her and she fortunately followed the sound of my voice back up to the back door. Once she got there I walked her up to make sure she didn't wander again. She's old. It takes me awhile to work out the kinks in the morning so two trips upstairs right out of the starting gate hurt like the dickens. I'm remembering all the places that are not working right on me today.
And... that's Monday. Hope you had a great weekend! Love and hugs, y'all!


0 comments: