My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, September 20, 2010

reasons to love Monday

I'm working on reasons to love Monday. Sort of a variation of Thankful Thursday... sort of like my "Feel sorry for anyone who isn't me" posts.... all on the same Pollyanna Positive theme. I'm a complainer by nature so being positive takes work... but it has rewards.

1. Mondays only happen once a week and once they're finished, you don't have to go thru it for a whole week.
2. Dancing With the Stars tonight... can't wait to see Bristol Palin, certain to be this season's Kate Gosselin.
3. LUNCH TIME! I can't wait until lunch break... today I'm having panzanella (bread salad), massaged kale with sweet potatoes and maybe an apple and I'm working on my Ruth bible study because I've only done two days of my homework, which means I have three more days to get through by Wednesday night.
4. COFFEE... starting my day with mega doses of Folgers black silk coffee with fat free creamer and no sugar. I don't even miss sugar any more.
5. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to close the car loan I started on Friday. Car loans are big bucks for us and I could really use this...
6. A blank slate, fresh perspective, do over, chance to get it right.
7. Mondays are great because they're only two days away from Wednesdays when I get to hang with my hen party... and four days away from Fridays, which are pure joy and five days from Saturdays which are my favoritest days of the week - when I can go to the farm, Weight watchers, etc.
8. I love Monday today because I was sooooo afraid I was going to be really sick today after the way I felt yesterday and I feel pretty good. Still woke up with major ear pain and will be consulting Dr. Google about that... but I feel good enough to go to work and that is a blessing.
9. More than a mouthful Mondays... the commercial that comes on every Monday during Fox and Friends... starring my friend Jamie Moore as Ronald McDonald. It cracks me up every time I see it.
10. It's not raining. It's not freezing cold. It's not burning hot. It's going to be sunny and warm today but not unbearable.

Every day is a blessing. Every day brings opportunities and possibilities and lessons to be learned. Even Mondays.

I'm excited that fall is coming... I'm ready to start enjoying fall foods such as apples and acorn squash and I'm ready to shift from my summer salads to my fall stews and soups. I'm hoping to keep the weight loss mojo while going thru the fall and holiday season. I've decided to allow myself two "no counting" days... Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve (when our family has been getting together lately). (and yes, Mary, I'm considering your offer to spend Christmas in Alabama, although, honestly, the one time in my life I didn't wake up in my own bed on Christmas morning, I found it really sad... and I'm not sure I want to wake up anywhere except my own home... even if that means having a quiet day alone)... but in preparation for those no counting days, I want to make sure I stay on track between now and the end of the year... I'm losing an average of 1.6 pounds per week ... there are 13 more weigh ins this year (Christmas falls on a Saturday) which means that I could easily be 20 pounds lighter by 2011... so I need to adjust for those holiday indulgences.

Time for me to glam, pack my lunch, eat my breakfast, wake the kid (who was up way too late last night) and get this week underway. Hope you have a Marvelous Monday and a Wonderful Week. Love and hugs!

4 comments:

Adirondackcountrygal said...

I hope you have a good week!

MammawsDecorativeArt said...

I haven't been around in way too long and just popped in to say Hi! What a blessing to start my week with such encouragement! Hope you have a blessed week.
Nelishia

Anonymous said...

I love Mondays ~ I'm probably the only one who does, but I just like to look forward to everything the week has in store. For us this week, soccer starts (so Nathan is way up on cloud 9), Natalie's high school dance class starts (and I'm way excited to watch my baby girl perform with the big girls), we start building the homecoming float this week (and by we, I mean Doug and Natalie), report cards come out (not sure if that is anticipation or dread), more painting (which means my unexpected and unplanned living room renovation is close to complete) and Thursday is the first day of Fall. Yay! Maybe we could plan an after-Christmas visit???

Trevor Philbrook said...

Congratulations, and good work getting back on the health train. Wishing you all the best.

I am in a similar situation. Losing 100 pounds... again. This time I hope to make it stick.

Wishing you the best in your weight loss.