My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Saturday, September 11, 2010

today in pictures

Austin was amused by the amalgamation of his animal crackers. If that ain't a goofy teenager boy face, I don't know what is!

This is my "pizza" that I had for lunch... flax flatbread with basil, spinach, heirloom cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Good eats!

My cooking experiment for the day is going to be a massaged kale and chard salad. I read about this technique online and it sounded interesting. You massage tough greens with olive oil and salt to tenderize them enough to eat them raw.

Today's haul from Loganberry Heritage Farm. I love my heirloom cherry tomatoes, colorful peppers and Nadine's salads... chicken and quinoa this week again. We got hug lessons at the farm today! The owner, "Organic Rose" found out that I had blogged about how much I love their little farm... recognized me from my facebook picture... and demonstrated for Austin and me the proper way to hug. We debated Baptist hugs (all arms) and Presbyterian hugs (where you press your bodies together) and it was TOO funny watching her instruct my little "touch me not" Aspie in Hug-iquette. It's a perfect late summer/early fall day and we really enjoyed our visit to the farm today.
AND... I tried to post earlier but it didn't work... I LOST 1.8 pounds this week for a 3 month total of 20.2 pounds! I am only 1.3 pounds away from my 1st 10%!

Florida isn't playing great... which is a bummer... but we're going to make a quick run to the bakery and do some cooking and just enjoy life today. God is good!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I always forget you have this blog! I am so NOT into blogger anymore that I always forget to even LOOK! I like that you posted your entry on Facebook! That reminded me!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Becky said...

CONGRATS ON HITTING 20 POUNDS! That's so exciting, really. Can't wait till I can say the same. I started My Fitness Pal on August 23, so just finishing up week 3.

Your food looks SO GOOD, as always!

We (daughter and I) had big veggie salads for lunch with garbanzos and hard-boiled egg... and for dinner, she made roasted corn and goat cheese quesadillas. They were AWESOME.