My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, September 12, 2010

zumba and millet

Two new tools in my arsenal today: zumba and millet.

Zumba as in - the latin dance workout which is H-uh-ARD and had me sweating from every single pore in less than 5 minutes - even my shins - but it's fun and the time ticks by without even noticing. I've been totally uninspired to exercise but this inspires me. I don't have a real zumba tape (disc, I guess, since no one has VCR's any more. Why do we still call them tapes?) but I found some bootleg ones on Youtube. So I guess I can call my workout - Bootleg Zumba.

There is actually a zumba class near my office that I could maybe attend one day a week. It's four days a week but two days it starts at 5:30 which is when I get off - so I would miss the first half of the class by the time I changed and drove there. And on Wednesday it starts at 6:30, which is when I'm in bible study. But Mondays... it's at 6:30 and I just might be able to go.

Although Mondays are my days of least motivation... but I'm working on it.

I think I mentioned the mystery grain from the bulk bin. I thought it was either bulgur wheat or barley - Austin thought for sure it was barley. But this morning I ran out for some things I forgot yesterday (cat litter, primarily) and I realized that it was MILLET. Sooooo... I went to the Google Cooking Academy and found out that I could MICROWAVE millet! Happy day! I did... and it's delicious... and matched beautifully with my massaged kale and blackeye pea salads for lunch today.

So that's my happy Sunday. I'm about to curl into my cozy bed and take a much needed nap.
Love and hugs!

1 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

Have a great Sunday. I saw your FB badge and realized that you and my Hubby (George Cox) are friends on FB. I know you are also friends with some other of my blog buddies too. I just thought it was funny that you were friends with Hubby before being friends with me. lol. I know it is probably b/c of the Mafia Wars. He is a Big Mafia War buff. Made me think it is a small world. Have a great nap! I'm trying to rest today. I'm not a big napper, but just needing to take it easy.