My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, September 27, 2010

reasons to love Monday

The earlier in the week version of Thankful Thursday...

1. the Library. My library books are always due back on Monday and even if I haven't finished them all, I just go back and renew them and turn in the ones I've finished and pick up a few new ones. I love the library.
2. Junie B. Jones. Sarabeth is having a themed birthday party- Junie B. Jones - and I will be playing the character of Mrs. (the school teacher) I had to pick up a book at the library to do costume research. Austin will be Mr. Scary. He will need a mustache and a tie.
3. Sixty six degrees during lunch. Even though it's damp and rainy, that's durn near perfect.
4. Thanks to the cooler weather... tights were necessary today. I love wearing tights! I love them more now that I'm thinner.
5. I packed a great lunch today - panzanella and 3 bean salad. YUM!
6. Dinner is already pre-cooked... just needs reheating. Not sure what it will be yet - probably the okra and tomatoes with a little cooked chicken thrown in for protein.
7. I got to chat with Whitney today about her upcoming nuptuals. No date has been set. No plans have been made but she did get a manicure so she could show off her UH-mazing ring!
8. Still riding the happy wave from the car loan I closed on Friday.
9. Yesterday marked two years since I moved here. I'm still considered a newcomer, however.
10. The leaves outside of my office window are a little more colorful than they were last week. I love fall!

I hope that whatever is happening in your world... that you're finding your own reasons to love Monday. Hugs!

2 comments:

lisabug said...

Junie B. Jones cracks me up. I think I laugh harder at her than the girls, I see so much of my courtney in her.

Anonymous said...

Have you read any of the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich? So funny ~ laugh out loud funny! There are 16 books in the series (so far) and I would always have to check out 2 or 3 at a time because they are such quick reads.