My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, July 6, 2009

boring monday update

I'm home today. I felt like the wise thing to do was to take one more day to heal. Besides having six teeth pulled - I've also been battling bronchitis and just feel run down. I'm relieved that pain-wise this hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected. There is sort of a dull ache in my jaws but it's been totally manageable. I've been mostly using tylenol for the pain. My cough is yucky and I would say probably, if not for the bronchitis, the wisdom teeth would have been a piece of cake. I've been getting a lot of sleep and eating what I'm supposed to and enjoying the break. I really needed a break.

Stubby the 3legged wondercat / nurse hasn't been willing to leave me alone. At some point between Thursday and Friday he decided he didn't like the fact that I had a bandaid covering where the IV had gone in and he pulled it out with his teeth. I said, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" crazy cat. And he looked up at me all innocent like, "who me?" with the bandaid hanging out of his mouth.

Austin has been spending every waking moment with Tasha's family. He's here long enough in the evening to trash the kitchen... actually, he's been pretty helpful. I've wanted to just sort of sleep and he's perfectly willing to let me sleep. He went to church with Tasha yesterday and then they had a fellowship after church.

I slept until noon yesterday and until ten today. That's completely out of character for me, I'm an early riser. I figure it's just what I needed.

Odd how when you haven't left the house in five days you don't have much to blog about, isn't it? I'll be back at work tomorrow so I'm sure I'll have lots to whine about. Today... the only complaints I have is that my phone won't stop ringing (I don't answer it) and that I'm sort of short of breath from the cough. I think I see a nap in my future!

Have a great day... love and hugs, y'all!

4 comments:

Wendy in Oz said...

Glad the terrorist.. eh, I mean dentist visit was better than expected for you. An extra day is a great idea. Sometimes you just need that one extra mental health day to heal. And since you don't get many days off - you should enjoy it!
Here's hoping you continue to heal well and are back to chop chomping in no time. Love and Hugs from Down Under...xxx

LYN said...

NOT TO BE A DEBBY DOWNER BUT YOU WILL PROBABLY FEEL WORSE BEFORE YOU FEEL BETTER...

BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS BY THURSDAY YOU WILL BE RARING TO GO!!

KEEP AN EYE ON THAT COUGH COULD MEAN SOMETHING ELSE....

Anonymous said...

Im glad your surgery went smooth. It was a good idea to rest up an extra day especially since you have broncitis. Julie

Missie said...

Feel better soon!!