My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, July 10, 2009

weekend countdown

No weekend countdown today! I’ve been too busy. Good busy – money making busy. This is the thing about how God works… I’ve missed 19.5 hours in the past two weeks… which, on my hourly wage really screws things up for me. But I’m also paid commission… and in commissions over the past two weeks, I’ve made enough to replace 18.5 hours. How much would I love to have that additional commission money… but what I’ve learned over the past year is that God provides my daily bread. I’m not getting rich. I’m not even really getting ahead. But I am keeping my head above water and I think that’s amazing.

I struggle sometimes in living my faith out loud. Not that I’m embarrassed to – by any stretch of the imagination. But I struggle because I don’t have all the answers for everyone. It’s one thing to accept for myself that I have enough. I don’t have a lot but I have enough. But it’s quite another thing to tell someone else to hang in there because they’ll have enough also. I don’t know how. I just know that’s how it’s worked for me. All I have is what I’ve lived as an example. And it’s hard to explain to someone else how I know that they’ll find enough strength for what lies ahead – other than to say that I keep finding enough strength, so surely they will too.

I’ll never forget the question a friend asked me a few months ago when things were taking what appeared to be a really ugly turn in their life… they said, “where is your God now, Heather?”. My God is right there. Where He’s always been. Where He’ll always be. Just because it’s not all sunshine and daffodils and rainbows in our lives, doesn’t mean that He doesn’t exist. Surely, I’ve learned more about who God is in these weeks where I worked nearly 20 hours less and made just as much. Surely, haven’t all God’s children learned far more when they needed Him most than they have whenever things were going well? I don’t have all the answers for myself or anyone else. I don’t know where my health or wealth will come from tomorrow or the next day and I’m not supposed to know. Neither are you.
Let go and let God seems so trite but it’s so right.

3 comments:

Missie said...

Enjoy your weekend.

Missie said...

Enjoy your weekend.

moshell's lilbit of space said...

You said you didn't know how to say it, but girl....

You said it well.


I firmly believe that, He will take care of you in sunshine or clouds.