My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, March 12, 2010

ugh. but at least it's friday.

I have a fever and a sore throat. I’m dizzy and my head hurts. I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. This is not good.
I’m bound and determined to work the whole day. I’ve warned my co-workers to keep a healthy distance. I’m washing my hands. I’m using hand sanitizer.
But I am definitely sick.
And exhausted.
Sick and exhausted is different from “sick and tired”. The former is physical, the latter is emotional. At least in my neck of the woods.
I’m drinking hot tea by the gallons and trying to stay upright. Doing a lot of leaning.
I haven’t got time for the pain but I’m so glad it’s Friday. At least I can nest and rest without losing the farm. So to speak.
It’s stormy weather here. Austin has a day off of school for teachers work day. I’m hoping for a clean house.
Last night he cooked dinner – one of those Wanchii Ferry dinners and blueberry muffins. It was really good.
Bit-Bit the unnamed Kitty is so light that he was sleeping on my hip last night and I didn’t know it until my hand brushed across him.
He walked across the scale this morning and it didn’t even register.
I think he weighs about 4 ounces. He’s tiny and ferocious.
I got a great video of him fighting Stubby’s tail last night. It’s hilarious. I’ll try to post it when I get a chance/take the time/feel up to it.
Stubby is so patient with him… I’m really proud of him. He lost his temper a bit last night so we separated them for a little while. Bit-bit has learned to find a “people” when the big kitty is grumpy. It’s like we’re “base”. He climbs up in our laps and looks down saucily at Stubby as if to say, “ha, ha! Can’t get me now!”
He’s rotten.
Austin (loosely) tied a (very light) string around Stubby’s tail with a (mini) piece of laffy taffy at the end. Stubby was sitting on the end of my recliner with his tail hanging off so the laffy taffy was dangling. Baby Kitty was on the floor trying to catch the laffy taffy while Stubby ignored him… swishing his tail and sending the taffy all over the place. We could have watched them for hours. We didn’t. Stubby finally realized there was something attached to his tail.
They’re just so durn cute!
I think I’m gonna use the rest of my lunch time to just sleep. Maybe a nap will help. I can do this.


JennBand08 said...

I hope you feel better soon. Lots of vitamin C!! Like 1000mg every 2 hours. I use Emergen-C.. works great at knocking things out and helping me recover faster. Can't wait to see kitten video. sounds adorable. Who doesn't love watching a kitten?

moshell's lilbit of space said...

HOPING you feel better :)