My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, May 7, 2010

alls well that ends well, right?

My car is back home and in my carport. Going to the nasty little repo lot was a whole new level of humiliation... as was coughing up the extra $240 IN CASH that I was forced to pay for "storage" charges. The loan people didn't bother telling me about that. I mean... ultimately... it's my fault... I cost myself a day of work and $640 in repo fees ... but I'm not going to beat myself up over it... I'm just going to move forward and pray that I find a way to get my head above water. Right now... drowning. And not even because I have a closet full of jimmy choo shoes or fabulous clothes... or because of a fabulous trip I took... nope. Just going to work every day and trying to live off a commission dependant income in a failing economy... and not getting child support... and trying to make it work. Somehow. Trying to stretch a dollar out of fifty cents.

All things considered.... today ended up far better than it could have. Mom's accident was nearly as bad as it looked to the paramedics at the scene... I got my car back today instead of Monday or Tuesday as I was first told (which would have cost me another couple hundred bucks in storage). My friend Alisa drove me to work... drove me down to pick up my car and stayed with me in the awful repo office... and then took me out to dinner at Chili's! I'm home, it's quiet and peaceful and I'm planning a long night's sleep...

Then tomorrow I'll get up, clean out the fridge, do my cooking for the week so we can eat healthy and cheaply... and just focus on counting my blessings.

3 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

Yes Heather, in this case it is. I am glad that you have your car and I am sure that you will be able to get things together for you rent.

I will go back to reading. Be well.

moshell's lilbit of space said...

Prayers for you and yours all the way around. I know EXACTLY how you feel at times Heather and am so Thankful that God is right on time and gives when it is needed most. Good news on your mom.

JennBand08 said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are dealing with all of this. I'm glad you got your car back. I'm glad your mom is ok. I hope things start improving..and soon! ~Jenn