My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, May 6, 2010

i love this quote...

We know that this is where God has called us and we know everyone has their own calling and place in life. You're always going to have the negative naysayers and you're not going to please everyone. You please God and you seek to do what he's called you to do and you will have peace. When there are criticisms, you listen and you take that through the grid of God's words and ask if there's something you can learn from them.

This was in an interview of Michelle Duggar... answering how they respond to their critics. I thought it was incredibly wise. I know a lot of people think the Duggars are nuts for their decision to have so many kids... and I know their lifestyle is unpopular. I watch them and I respect them because they are so kind and non-judgemental of the people who judge them. There's a lot to be learned in how they work together as a family and how they interact in their world.

0 comments: