My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, May 9, 2010

random Sunday

I tried to get the cats to bring me breakfast in bed but instead, Itty Bitty Kitty brought me a razor. Maybe he thought I needed to clean up before breakfast? Hmmm...

Austin spent the night at his friend Zach's last night so it's just me and the fur-boys my Mother's Day morning.

I'm getting ready for church... Sarabeth is singing and my friend Alisa is doing a monologue so I'm up and at 'em.

Yesterday was a perfect weather day here in North Georgia. It was breezy and bright. The temperature was mild.

I had lunch out with Stasha... then dinner out with my parents, Jim and Angie and the girls and Austin. We had chinese.

At dinner I asked the girls what they want to be when they grow up. Sarabeth wants to be a teacher... reasonable, predictable... her mom has a doctorate in education and is the head of the education department at the local college. It makes perfect sense that she wants to be a teacher. She will make a great teacher.

Jamie wants to be a rock star. I said, "do you mean CHRISTIAN rock?" thinking she's probably never really even heard much rock music (other than those two sermons my brother preached using his 1970 Billy Don't Be A Hero video)... and she said, "you know, fun songs, happy songs!"

Yep. She will make a great rock star.

I was determined not to do any chores on Mothers Day but I'm gonna have to go to the grocery store, at least, since we're out of coffee creamer. And I've already done a load of laundry.

I asked Austin for a clean kitchen for Mothers Day. Then we're going to buy him some new shoes.

This all sounds really boring, doesn't it?

It's ok. It's been a quiet weekend but I've still gotten to spend time with people I love... without having any all day long commitments.

I haven't been sleeping well this weekend. Only slept about 4 hours each night. Had a great nap yesterday... plan another great nap today.

My birthday flowers are still hanging in there. I re-arranged them and pulled out the ones that were droopy.

We watched a great video in bible study over the past two weeks - Chonda Pierce - she's a Christian comedian. Do a you tube search for her... she's got a lot of funny stuff out there.

There is this Publix commercial (Publix is a grocery store, for those who don't live around here)... about this amazing looking cake you can get in the Publix bakery. The nearest Publix is 45 minutes away and the last thing I need is a $20 bakery cake in my house... because then I'd feel like I need to not let it go to waste... but that is the most tempting thing I've seen in a long time.

Yesterday I went to the amish bakery and got a loaf of cheese bread, half of a sour cream poundcake and two of the amazing key lime cremes that I was so addicted to last summer. What was I thinking?

I made tuna salad to eat with the cheese bread.

I want to make some tabbouleh... need to get some cilantro to go in it, though. Guess I'll get that while I'm getting some coffee creamer.

On Alexis Stewart's blog she has some great recipes that I want to try. (she's the daughter of Martha Stewart) it's at www.whateverradio.com

We need a better litter box solution. I just changed it yesterday and it already stinks.

I'm getting sleepy. Better get up and moving so I don't miss church.

Happy Mother's Day, y'all!

1 comments:

D said...

Happy Mother's Day! Maybe Itty Bitty was thinking he wanted to shave for you?