My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, November 3, 2011

random Thankful Thursday

We had been out of coffee for three days. I bought some last night. Cafe Bustelo - it's an espresso grind. I like my coffee really strong.
There's no such thing as strong coffee... just weak people...
A guy once told me he liked his coffee like he likes his women: blonde and sweet. I responded (obviously offended by the blonde remark) I like my coffee like I like my men: "strong and black".
So there you go.
He was neither.
I have an appointment with a surgeon today. I'm nervous. I think it's just going to be a consultation. I don't know what makes me nervous about it... something about the fact that he spends a lot of time with a scalpel in his hand, I guess.
There's not much he can do to me today as I'm not prepped for surgery, have eaten since midnight and am driving myself. I do know of a few treatments for my issue that he can do with just a local anesthetic. It might make the ride home uncomfortable but I wouldn't be altered.
I get nervous about doctors appointments, as I mentioned yesterday, because ultimately there's either something *else* wrong with me or there's nothing wrong with me. If there's nothing wrong, then why do I have the symptoms I have. Yet. I really don't want to add anything to my list of diagnosis.es. Plural.
I printed off the paperwork and started working on filling it out. Every new doctor means another sixteen pages of medical history. I exaggerate. It was only four.
The last doctor asked if I have my medication list with me. Medication list? Apparently... I had to ask... people who are on numerous medications keep a list with them at all time in case they are in an accident or somehow rendered unable to inform medical professionals of what medication I'm on.
Everyone assumes I'm on narcotics or have a narcotic agreement with the pain clinic. Neither is true, fortunately. But that neurontin really does a number on my motor skills sometimes.... which is why I never take it and drive. Or work. And why I can barely manage to do anything except work and nest.
This would be an entirely different situation if I wasn't the only adult/only driver in our household.
Of course... this would be an entirely different situation if I had the guilt of inflicting this on a significant other.
Austin suffers enough. Of course... Austin is perfectly content to nest most of the time as well. We're a good pair. And when he gets stir crazy, I do my best to get him out among the three dimensional people.
When he turns 18 in March I'm going to let him get his learners license. I have doubts about his maturity when it comes to driving. However... he's gotta grow up sometime.
I have found that a few advil at lunch time make the afternoons much easier to bear. I'm going to ask what the potential damage would be from daily advil use. I think there's a liver risk involved. Since I don't drink (hardly ever... maybe a glass of wine once every month or so) I think my liver should be in good shape. Other than the half dozen other meds I take. Reluctantly out of desperation.
I have overdosed on coffee this morning. I found pumpkin spice creamer in the grocery store yesterday. It's yummy. Not quite a pumpkin spice latte but much cheaper.
Apparently the Anointed One was displeased by the "delay" of voting to keep "In God We Trust" as our national motto when we should have been voting to accept his latest spending package aka jobs bill.
"God wants to see us help ourselves by putting people back to work".  Barack Hussein Obama
"God helps those who help themselves".   White House Press Secretary Jay Carney
I think I'll live by the credo "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all of these things will be added to you" (heather version)
I mean. What we're doing obviously isn't working.
And if it's all the same to you, Mr. President, I think I'll put honoring God ahead of honoring you.
Anyways.
It's thankful Thursday, y'all.
I'm thankful that I've earned 3 out of 6 turkey points at Ingles so I should be able to get a free turkey the week of Thanksgiving.
I'm thankful for health insurance.
I'm thankful that my deductible is met for the year so that I don't have to give this new doctor much money today.
I'm thankful for every day that I'm able to get out of bed, have a nice cup of coffee and enjoy the indulgence of the internet, put on decent clothes, go out and start my car, have the gas to reach my destination and then put my job skills and life skills to work in a compensated profession.
I'm thankful for every divine appointment... every person who crosses my path who leaves an impression on me (or vice versa.)
I'm thankful that Austin is still in school and I'm thankful for the help he's getting this week so that he will hopefully pass the math portion of the graduation test...
I'm thankful for our new, cheaper nest. I wrote the rent check this week and was relieved, once again, that I am able to afford the rent here, that I'm not having to pay the rent late and suffer late fees or live with the fear of being evicted because I can't afford the rent.
I'm thankful for Austin's help last night in carrying in the groceries... taking out the trash...
God is good, y'all.
Happy Thursday!



1 comments:

Michael said...

I like my coffee like I like my men. Ground up and in the freezer. Too soon? I dream of the day we have coffee together on my front balcony. I love her!

him