My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, December 9, 2011

friday

It's Friday.
I woke up at 3:15 with my birdie finger on my right hand infected. Don't ask me how that happened. I had a really big problem back when I used to get acrylic nails with my cuticles getting infected. It got so bad at one point that my cuticles were oozing, red and inflamed. This "tall man" has no obvious cuts or tears in the cuticle but it's really, seriously, can't bend it, hot, red, painful... really infected.
Grrrrreat.
Also woke up with a sore throat. Austin has been sick all week and I'm terrified of getting sick and not being able to have the surgery. Not that I'm looking forward to it, mind you, but because I know that my opportunity to do this is because of the narrow window of time... using the medical coverage with the deductible already met and having sick leave begin again if the recovery isn't as quick as I hope/want.
Donning our gay apparel.
A teacher in Michigan changed the phrase "gay apparel" to "bright apparel" after her elementary school children kept giggling when they would sing Deck the Halls. Is this new? Because I can remember giggling at "gay apparel" back when I was young. Of course, now I wonder if donning my gay apparel should mean wearing birkenstocks and failing to shave my armpits.
I'm just sayin'.
We also had a choir teacher who would scream at us if we said "in egg shell seas day oh" instead of "in excelcius deo" in the song Angels We Have Heard on High. I am still careful to sing it correctly.
One Last Christmas
Have you heard the song, "One Last Christmas" by Matthew West? I am too lazy to you tube the link for you but you must listen to it. I heard it the other day and commenced to that "ugly cry"... you know, the one where you're hiccuping and snotty and just completely lose it. Mascara alert. You've been warned.
Attorney General Eric Holder
Liar, liar, pants on fire. As long as we have politicians we will have dishonesty. I don't like it. "If my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray then will I hear from Heaven and heal their land". The world is a crazy, crazy, out of whack place right now where right is wrong and wrong is right. It hurts my heart to watch the news... there is such a disregard for morality... and I continue to maintain that when abortion was legalized in this country that we opened up a floodgate of disregard for human life. Read the Old Testament and you'll see nations and tribes and people who were marked as evil because of the way they treated their young.
I'm sad that Michelle Duggar lost this new baby and it breaks my heart to see people mocking her over it. Every life is precious.
My pink tree quit working. The lights on it, I mean.
My dad painted a beautiful Christmas card. I meant to scan it so I could show you. Maybe I'll do that today. He's our Pop-casso.
Yesterday at work was extremely painful. I can't even begin to explain how bad it hurts to sit in the same chair for 8+ hours a day. My back hurts as bad/worse than it ever has. My stomach has been cramping for the past week. Then there's the other issue that will be addressed with my surgery... I've got such a sketchy schedule over the next ten days... I'm trying to hang tough as much as I can at work.
Monday I have an appointment with the surgeon, pre-op at the hospital, possibly Austin's last IEP where we meet with the work rehab counselor. This appointment is huge because what happens when Austin graduates... he transfers into the work rehab program where they help people with "differences" transition into college/career. This is the most important IEP ever. This sets the path for the rest of his life.
Tuesday I have an appointment with the pain doctor to discuss where we go from here with my disability... I'm so emotional about this. I'm so weary of hurting all the time. When you go to the doctor you expect them to do whatever it takes to make you better. When you go to the doctor and you know that they can't make it better... it's discouraging. I usually leave there in tears.
Next Thursday is our office Christmas party.
Next Friday Austin leaves for his Catalyst retreat.
The following Monday, the 19th, is the last day that I will work before my surgery. I will have to leave early because I have to start the colonoscopy prep at 3pm which will cause much unpleasantness. I start on clear liquids then and will remain on clear liquids for at least the next few days.
The 20th I have my colonoscopy.
The 21st is my surgery to remove hemorrhoids (caused by nerve damage in my back that has made it more difficult to "take care of business") and to remove any polyps or other issues they discover during the colonoscopy. I busted open the seal on my surgical orders that I am supposed to deliver to the hospital during my preop appointment. In addition to the renovations to my backdoor, they will do exploratory surgery to determine if there are any other structural defects. I don't know about you... but I'm not excited about being invaded two days in a row.
And now it's Friday. I'll be doing my wrapping on Saturday and I am very excited about that... will be putting together Austin's stuff for his retreat... and resting up for a very busy time ahead.
Hope you have a Fantastic Friday and a really awesome weekend.
Love and hugs!

0 comments: