My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Twelve Days of Christmas are differing for me this year...

It's been a rough week of liquid dieting, medical proceduring, surgery and recovering... my Christmas looks very different this year.I couldn't have done it alone. So I present for you.. the Twelve Days of Hemorrhoid Surgery.

On the first day of Hemorrhoid surgery my doctors sent to me: a liquid diet with mostly jello to eat.
On the second day of Hemorrhoid surgery my doctors sent to me: one colon prep kit
On the third day of Hemorrhoid surgery my doctors sent to me: a night on the toilet
On the fourth day of Hemorrhoid surgery my doctors sent to me: much apprehension
On the fifth day of hemorrhoid surgery my doctors sent to me: ONE COLONOSCOPY
On the sixth day of hemorrhoid surgery my doctors sent to me: back to liquid diet
On the seventh day of hemorrhoid surgery my doctors sent me: NPO* after midnight
On the eighth of of hemorrhoid surgery my doctors sent to me: my mom to take care of me
On the ninth day of hemorrhoid surgery my doctors sent to me: a nurse who messed up my IV
On the tenth day of hemorrhoid surgery my doctors sent to me: a hemorrhoidectomy
On the eleventh day of hemorrhoid surgery my doctors sent to me: news that everything was ok
On the twelfth day of hemorrhoid surgery my doctors sent to me: a painful recovery

*nothing per oral - it means nothing to eat or drink


Today the pain pump comes out so it may be a struggle. My mom is heading home today. I wouldn't have made it through these first few days with just Austin to help. It's been nice to spend time with my mom without any distractions. I have also loved having her dog, Purple Oscar here to curl up with - wish we could have a dog but our schedules wouldn't allow for it. I'm really nauseous and dizzy today and the pain is much more intense... but I'm hanging in there. The pain really peaks in the last hour before I can take my next pill. At that point all I can do just try to stay distracted or lay down and take deep breaths.

Anyways... there are people all over the world who are struggling with bigger pains and bigger problems than I will ever face. This is just a season of life - recovery - and I have been surrounded with love and compassion and encouragement. I pray that whatever you're facing, that you feel those same blessings.

Coffee is ready... love and hugs, y'all.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog